Hello from a newish owner

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
kernowjon

Re: Hello from a newish owner

October 5th, 2022, 12:06 am

On our 2005 L200 Clu Cab, which carries a SunTrekker camper unit. I guess your Skarrosser is probably a few Kg heavier. We had a "droopy" rear end. Instead of going for air bags I have fitted SAX Load Helpers - equalisers. At £113 a lot cheaper than an air system and unlike airbags more durable I think
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162542192240
They do give a sort of permanent lift of about 2 inches up at the rear - I could opt for the lower setting but think this would not be under tension at all times and would "bang about".
I have not visited a weighbridge when loaded - something I keep intending to do and then put off.

Jon

TH L200

Re: Hello from a newish owner

November 9th, 2022, 2:29 pm

Recently finished a 1500 mile trip using the air bags for the first time.

Approximately 25-30 psi seems right as it keeps the truck level, no problems with skyward-pointing headlights and handling is fine.

Although the Cooper Discoverer M&S tyres (now discontinued) have been excellent on and off road, they are limited to 44 psi maximum and look somewhat under-inflated with the demountable on the back so replacements will need to have a higher load rating and a little more air in them I imagine.

Anyway, it's been an interesting journey getting the truck and demountable matched up so thanks again to zildjian for advice and guidance on air bags, which has been very helpful and much appreciated.