Gas Bottles for Bimobil Husky?

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides
Chrisbb

Gas Bottles for Bimobil Husky?

April 27th, 2021, 12:07 am

We just bought a new Husky 230 from Bimobil and spent 10 days on empty beaches in Brittany in January, which was amazing - until we ran out of gas and realised that french gas bottles don't fit into the compartment and we couldn't get our German bottles refilled anywhere. Back in the UK now and here we can only fit the small 3.9kg propane bottles. When I asked Bimobil how they usually solve this they said, that for their clients the 2x 5kg bottles "usually last a very long time" - so am I the only one having this problem?
I looked into Gaslow refillable bottles - but I would only be able to fit one of their 6kg bottles into the compartment - unless there is a way to change the door lock mechanism and make it slimmer as it takes away 40mm of depth.
I found a post on freizeit-ecke-weber.de where they installed a single gaslow bottle with a german 5kg bottle as spare - definitely not an ideal solution - see below.
I'm super surprised to find myself in this situation as I would have assumed the majority of Husky owners would experience similar problems - and that Bimobil would have a solution for this. All it would take is a very slightly bigger compartment and a Gaslow or Alugas refillable system?
Did anybody here find a solution for this issue maybe?
Thanks so much for any pointers!!
Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 23.09.01.jpg

horacebat

Re: Gas Bottles for Bimobil Husky?

April 27th, 2021, 7:07 am

Morning Chris,

As you can guess!, we've had this problem and looked at all sorts of solutions.

The UK Calor gas bottles don't fit in the hole at all.

The Gaslow ones do as they're a couple of cm smaller, so fit in, but are still bigger than the green German ones, and you can't fit two in. (we did think about extending the gas locker from inside).

In the end we fitted 1 large and one small (3.5kg) bottles, so at least you know if one runs out you have enough to do another couple of days or so yourself for the heating and hob.

You may be able to find someone that can refill the german ones as another option, but again that only lasts so long.

The Gaslow works a treat!, and haven't run out of gas since! Good luck!

Chrisbb

Re: Gas Bottles for Bimobil Husky?

April 29th, 2021, 12:16 am

Thanks a lot - I guess I'll end up doing the same then - super frustrating though! Would be such an easy fix if they changed the compartment by a couple of centimetres. And Bimobil pretending the problem doesn't exist...
Anyway - small problems to have I guess!
C-: