13 pin electric hook up

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
earthman

Re: 13 pin electric hook up

November 14th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Toshbins wrote:When be bought our Tischer earlier in the year we decided to power it from the tow bar socket, rather than fit a socket in the front of the tub as recommended by Tischer. I think Tischer may have been using a 13 pin plug since before they were used on tow bars but they have their own wiring scheme and won't change it. Golum has to modify the extension lead that he supplies to convert the standard towbar layout on the male end, to the Tischer one on the female.
I don't suppose you have unscrewed that connector and noticed which two wires have been connected to the same pin?

I gather that these hi tech fridges needs two live feeds to get it to actually run/work via 12 volts, I tried tapping into the leisure battery feed first, the fuse in the truck blew, I then tried the ignition switch live, fuse blew again.

I don't get it, there isn't another live in there for me to try, any ideas anyone?

Toshbins

November 15th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Is this any use?

It seems that pin 12 is connected to both 5 & 7

earthman

November 15th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Many thanks for posting/trying to help Toshbins, I do have that chart and another slightly different version, both are a bit confusing to be honest.

The good news is that I now have the fridge working on 12V after joining BOTH the white/black and white/red wires to pin number 4 in the female socket of the extension lead. :)

The white/blue wire could be totally removed/cut from my extension lead, from what I can see it doesn't even connect to the trucks wiring, my UK towing plug doesn't even have a terminal in that hole (pin 12) let alone a wire behind it!
So pins 5 & 7 at the camper end are effectively dead/left empty because my white/blue wire isn't connected to anything at the truck end, it certainly won't be 'charging' those pins.

At the start of this process I never thought about the possibility of having to join two wires to one pin or that there would be some unused/empty pins left over, I just assumed that 13 wires needed to be matched with 13 pins. :o

May 30th, 2021, 5:18 pm

earthman wrote:
November 15th, 2016, 6:17 pm
Many thanks for posting/trying to help Toshbins, I do have that chart and another slightly different version, both are a bit confusing to be honest.

The good news is that I now have the fridge working on 12V after joining BOTH the white/black and white/red wires to pin number 4 in the female socket of the extension lead. :)

The white/blue wire could be totally removed/cut from my extension lead, from what I can see it doesn't even connect to the trucks wiring, my UK towing plug doesn't even have a terminal in that hole (pin 12) let alone a wire behind it!
So pins 5 & 7 at the camper end are effectively dead/left empty because my white/blue wire isn't connected to anything at the truck end, it certainly won't be 'charging' those pins.

At the start of this process I never thought about the possibility of having to join two wires to one pin or that there would be some unused/empty pins left over, I just assumed that 13 wires needed to be matched with 13 pins. :o
Hello!
As you can see in my presentation - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1709, i have a Volkswagen Amarok from 2014 (with the original 13-pin trailer connector), and i have bought a Tischer 230 from 1999, that i will go and get in next weeks.
I have asked from Tischer to buy the eletrical connection, but their response and (i believe) delivery time will not be suficient for my needs, and because of that i would like to get some advice concerning the eletrical connection from my Volkswagen Amarok and the Tischer 230 (from 1999).

Is there any "working" adapter that i can buy online to connect from my Amarok 13 pin to the Tischer 230?

Best regards from Portugal

earthman

June 19th, 2021, 7:44 pm

Hi 1143 in Portugal, sorry for what would be a late reply by now, I just got your message via email, I replied to you via that. :)