Stable Camper

Self builds and DIY projects

Stable Camper

Postby saDgit » September 10th, 2018, 10:39 am

This looks like another bit of unnecessary kit but quite interesting if you worry about your camper when it's off the truck. Easy enough to copy if you're so inclined - and save a shed load of money in the process! :)

https://www.stablecamper.com/

Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside and self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
saDgit

Re: Stable Camper

Postby zildjian » September 10th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Interesting, reading the title I expected that weird cradle thing that was doing the rounds a few years back, but no.

Think I once saw another one cross-braced across bulkhead and its about time manufacturers contrived something for use off truck
zildjian
Site Admin

Postby zildjian » September 10th, 2018, 7:30 pm

zildjian
Site Admin

Postby Ogden scamper » September 10th, 2018, 8:11 pm

so when would you need to brace the legs like that (first picture) do demountbles need this extra metalwork attached to use them on camping trips?
Ogden scamper

Postby mjb666 » September 10th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Hi Ogden
I don't use anything like that when i demount the camper body, i just lower the manual wind legs right down as low as they will go for stabilty, i've never had any problems doing this.
I have also never seen anything like that being used when i have seen other demountables removed so i'm going to say no, you do not need to brace them but others might have a diferent take on it.

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable
mjb666

Return to Self builders & projects please