Fabulous Dutch quality Lelycampers now available in UK!

Demountable campers for sale from all over the net
Gary W

Re: Fabulous 'Lely' Dutch Campers now available in UK!

July 3rd, 2015, 9:48 pm

earthman wrote:
Gary W wrote:Hi Rich

The Lely model with the side door is called the the 'Flyer'. The standard layout has a large 'U' shaped dinette on the left side which can make a second double, good size kitchen and decent loo/shower/washroom. It has the same bomb-proof construction as the 'Runner', same stainless jacking/mounting system etc. If you do the majority of your touring in the UK and want the layout mirrored it's available as a no cost option. Custom layout is possible at modest cost too.

You can have a bike rack on the Runner too, it's a stainless steel work of art hingeing off the offside jack. It has the useful second function of providing a high security lock for the access door too.

Best wishes

Gary
Hi Gary, the top coloured diagram, could you tell me what the dimensions of the blue sofa area is please?

We are wondering if it is long and wide enough to use as a single bed , without having to move other stuff to make a double.
Yes it's wide enough to make a comfortable bed, and as all Lelys are built to customer spec you can have it a little wider too if you like. The issue is on a Double Cab version is you only have 1725mm length available there but with 1.5 or single cab there's no problem.

Best wishes

Gary
Last edited by Gary W on August 22nd, 2015, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SBS Adventure Campers

Mobile: +44 (0) 7595 368 422
Desk: +44 (0) 1305 305 900

Web: sbsadventurecampers.com
Web: djangocampers.eu

earthman

Re: Fabulous Dutch quality Lelycampers now available in UK!

July 4th, 2015, 8:52 am

Thanks Gary, we are looking at a single cab or ideally extra cab so no problem on the length then.
What's the chances of you having one of these in stock, for folk to have a look around first?

Gary W

July 4th, 2015, 10:11 am

earthman wrote:Thanks Gary, we are looking at a single cab or ideally extra cab so no problem on the length then.
What's the chances of you having one of these in stock, for folk to have a look around first?
We will have a demo 'Runner' cabin (for extra cab) in the UK later this month which will allow you to see the quality of design and manufacture but there will be no stock vans available for the foreseeable future, partially because most Lely campers are built to customer specification, but mostly because demand is currently exceeding production capacity (and it's as much as we can do to hang on to the demo/show unit!)

If you PM your address and contact details I'd be delighted to pop a brochure and other info in the post for you. If you would like to see the other vans in the flesh and even see how they're made we'd be delighted to arrange a factory visit for you (we take care of picking you up from airport etc, you just need to grab a cheap flight to Amsterdam). Most people make a mini-break of it and have night in Amsterdam at the same time.

Best wishes

Gary
Last edited by Gary W on August 22nd, 2015, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SBS Adventure Campers

earthman

July 4th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Thanks Gary, that all sounds great, will PM my address, look forward to the brochure.

Gary W

August 22nd, 2015, 11:29 am

Our 'Lely Runner' Dutch Camper demo is now in Dorset. Rather than just race back with it we decided to take it on a 4,000 mile, 4 week 'proving' trip from the factory in Holland to Portland via Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal. Well we don't believe in selling things we don't understand or have any experience of :-)

SBS Adventure Campers

earthman

August 22nd, 2015, 3:19 pm

Gary W wrote:Our 'Lely Runner' Dutch Camper demo is now in Dorset. Rather than just race back with it we decided to take it on a 4,000 mile, 4 week 'proving' trip from the factory in Holland to Portland via Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal. Well we don't believe in selling things we don't understand or have any experience of :-)

Excellent,...how about posting some close up pictures of the unit you currently have in your possession? Some internal shots would be great, I'm sure that many folk would like to see. :)

I'd love to come down and have a look at this camper now but I am up to my eyes with organizing a change of lifestyle/moving house to another area etc, I doubt that I'd be able to visit before the end of this year. :(

derestrictor

August 23rd, 2015, 9:32 am

We would also like to see the inside in a bit more detail please

earthman

September 13th, 2015, 7:07 pm

derestrictor wrote:We would also like to see the inside in a bit more detail please
Maybe it's just you and I who are interested? :)

zildjian
Site Admin

September 13th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Well to be fair Gary did mention that September would be a busy month on the boat front, so you'll both have to be patient a bit longer I'm afraid YHM

lamp-it

September 13th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Is there nothing on the internet, I had a quick look without success maybe as a Dutch manufactured unit i might be searching in wrong place though :shock:
Rob