Hello from London ..

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
horacebat

Hello from London ..

August 31st, 2015, 9:25 am

Morning all, just thought I'd say hello, as we're being sucked into the world of Demountables.

We've been around a few shows and it must be said the Bimobil's look fantastic bits of kit on the back of a Defender or the Toyota, but at £100k ish is just too much for us.

Our requirements are to be 4wd (we've currently got a T4 Syncro, but find the space a bit limiting), and need to be well insulated for the winter, as we like our trips up North (to the Arctic Circle, Sweden, Finland, Norway etc). Also has to have the ability to live off grid for a few days at a time so must have adequate water, toilets, washing and power to last. We really liked the idea of the Bimobils rear seating as well and the opportunity to open the rear window / wall.

This has got us onto searching for them, and have found some quite "good value" ones in Germany (between 10k and 25k Euros).

Bimobil's look to ✔ all of these boxes, however we're not familiar with the other brands around. Can anyone give recommendations for other brands that meet our requirements, and any feedback from Bimobil owners would also be appreciated.

Many thanks .. and a great friendly group.

PB.

keeflester

Re: Hello from London ..

August 31st, 2015, 9:37 am

Hiya Horacebat, welcome to the group. Pretty much all the campers currently on the market are European built and will perform very well in cold conditions. Over landers frequently get a second leisure battery fitted and rooftop solar panels. There's lots of people in the group, including ourselves who've done the sort of trips you're planning. Ask your questions here with confidence of getting good answers.
Kind regards, k33F
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

zildjian
Site Admin

August 31st, 2015, 10:24 am

I would suggest in terms of insulation at least a Skarosser (Swedish), you'll have seen them come up for sale on our very own for sale thread about in your price range, a few of us have them and if you find yourself near on your travels you are very welcome to stop by for a cuppa and a look around mine.

(it has a ski-drying radiator in washroom) which you won't find as a UK option anywhere

and welcome Paul, we get a lot of ex-dubbers here

horacebat

August 31st, 2015, 10:49 am

Hi both

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I've spent most of the weekend trawling through the different threads, and this forum really looks like its a bit more friendly than some of the other ones I've been on!

Thanks for the advice and offer of a look!!, much appreciated.

PB

zildjian
Site Admin

August 31st, 2015, 10:59 am

We offer a scheme nationally to view campers at all points just have a read through, see who's nearest you and contact them see if they are about when you're in the area,

as far as purchasing goes, I feature campers on offer in the Eurozone & (Swiss) but they are pretty strong money TBH

derestrictor

August 31st, 2015, 1:25 pm

And hello Horace :lol: welcomte to group, think its quiet here today as a few of them are away in the rain

Madmountainman

August 31st, 2015, 8:05 pm

Howdy, Bimobils are very nice, but I think they're massively overpriced compared to similar marques available and don't offer anywhere near as much value for money.
If money was no object, i'm still not sure if i'd spend it on one, unless i bought a Unimog and much bigger demountable body. If you just want one on a pickup, stick with the likes of S Karosser/Northstar and Tischer, oh and have a gander at Lely, though I don't know a lot about them.

horacebat

September 1st, 2015, 9:56 pm

Hi All

thanks for the words of advice all, much appreciated for the advice and the warm welcome.

cheers

PB.

zildjian
Site Admin

September 1st, 2015, 10:05 pm

Sure no problem, fancy a look around, you can ask who's nearest

lamp-it

September 3rd, 2015, 10:37 am

belated hallo from us as well Horacebat yes they are a matey bunch on here welcome to the site
Rob