Hello - Apollo Demountable and Navara

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
KJHXXX

Re: Hello - Apollo Demountable and Navara

July 6th, 2015, 2:44 pm

Thanks for the comments. The liquid is runny - like cold black coffee. It leaks out when moving the camper after being stationary for a while so I'm thinking I have a rain leak somewhere, it's building up and getting stained dark inside the structure somewhere. Doesn't sound good :( Inside is dry so not sure of the exact construction. It has all dripped out in a few minutes but does come back after time.

Regarding the battery - as I suspected - the 130AH battery is an after thought. Good idea for non-mains power but need to make the setup a bit tidier and neater. Was obviously installed at speed!

Cheers.

zildjian
Site Admin

July 6th, 2015, 3:05 pm

couple of things then,
buy your self off ebay, a meter damp meter £ 6.90

and go all over the interior and see where its damp, It sounds (as you say) like ingress then finding its own way out again,
common but fixable problem with Apollo

And in terms of weight distribution personally I would move that battery as far forward as you can, mine has its battery box on the floor against headboard for example

zildjian
Site Admin

August 10th, 2015, 4:32 pm

As I mentioned Kris, mine has some sealant applied at manufacture 'oozing' from various points where metal edging has been applied, and especially in the underside corner rails where it sits on truck bed
I imagine it get squeezed out of there on bumps on road surface I don't try and clean it up as that stuff just smears everywhere and its best left alone instead

derestrictor

August 10th, 2015, 9:58 pm

I think Petrol will just about clean it up but if you can put up with it, leave it alone really :roll:

Apollo Motorhomes

August 10th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Hi

we have just joined this site and we are quite happy to help with all your questions or queries with your apollo demountable

we are the manufacturers of these units and can help with all your needs

Please feel free to ask any questions or anything else you may require

Andrew @ Apollomotorhomes

zildjian
Site Admin

August 11th, 2015, 6:36 am

there you go Kriss, the manufacturer has joined to answer your querie as well now