Air suspension pressure

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides
alanr

Air suspension pressure

September 12th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Hello,
I've got a Beka Grand Nord demountable on a L200, I've noticed it rolling a bit when driving round corners. I usually put 2 bar of pressure in the air suspension, but I was wondering whether increasing the pressure would help to stabilise it? Thanks

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Air suspension pressure

September 12th, 2021, 7:08 pm

I (personally) use about 30-35 which is a little over 2 bar,
Do you have the bags inflated independently L & R as that should negate roll as opposed what I do and have both inflate at same time!

After that it's experimenting with tyre pressures on rear at least, again typically around 50 PSI but finding a happy medium for different road surfaces is something you could look at.

together with above try where possible to move weight a little further forward and not carry a lot of fresh water for example if you can get some nearer your destination

alanr

September 13th, 2021, 9:05 am

Thanks for the reply, the air bags are inflated separately but I'll try increasing it a bit.
The rear tyres are at the recommended max load pressure of 42psi & I usually just have a half tank of water which is located at the front of the cellule. Do you inflate the air bags before or after you've loaded the cellule on?

zildjian
Site Admin

September 13th, 2021, 9:50 am

Reverse under, then raise on air
Otherwise height of vehicle on air will increase chance of colliding with camper,
We've all done it, even having new cart springs on rear has caused damage so it always worth stopping just short of camper and comparing heights.

Members have tried mirrors, cameras, but seems a last check works best.

With air bags the less air pressure the better if you can

alanr

September 13th, 2021, 8:38 pm

Ok, thank you