Suntrekker with Wetroom

Post up an image good or bad of your camper
kernowjon

Suntrekker with Wetroom

May 6th, 2019, 7:24 pm

It is about time to show our unit off properly!
From the outside it is immediately apparent that there is something different about our demountable when compared to other Suntrekkers.
DSC_9270 reduced.JPG
DSC_9273 adjusted.JPG
Now is the time to reveal all - a bit of history first. I am the third owner of this Sunseeker the first owner bought it from Island Plastics in 1999 as a complete blank with no windows etc. He was fitting out the unit for extended European trips for him and his wife and they intended to mainly "wild-camp". So he did not want the ability to sleep 4 as the standard Suntrekker is intended to do. They did want decent cooking facilities and even more important a shower and some privacy using the portapotti.
The first 2 pictures show the wetroom left and right. Behind and below the shower is a shelved cupboard and below that a compartment holding a 25 litre water container.
Behind the portapotti is a full length wardrobe. The folding door which closes across the portapotti stowage also closes off the wetroom from the rest of the accomadation giving privacy using the loo and keeping the van dry when showering.
DSC_9310 reduced.JPG
DSC_9311 reduced.JPG
DSC_9313 reduced.JPG
DSC_9315 reduced.JPG
DSC_9316 reduced.JPG
Next weekend we are off on our first few nights away
Jon

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Suntrekker with Wetroom

May 6th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Unusual version from the start then, have a good trip meantime and let us know how you get on,

would that have been amongst last of Island plastics products?

kernowjon

May 6th, 2019, 7:58 pm

zildjian wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 7:30 pm
Unusual version from the start then, have a good trip meantime and let us know how you get on,

would that have been amongst last of Island plastics products?
You will see it in the flesh so's to speak - next month in Whitby.
Jon

mjb666

May 7th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Hi Jon

Very Impressive, i bet you are 'over the moon' getting that Suntrekker. One off.

I'am also looking forward to seeing it in June too.

I hope the shake down first outing goes well.

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

kernowjon

May 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm

I think the next step will be to get some graphics to make something of the "blank side". I am thinking there has to be predominantly grey so that it "ties in" with the graphics on the pick-up.
Yes we are leaving Cornwall on the 11th June probably going to visit Canterbury, then over to Essex and working our way up the East Coast. - Hopefully by then summer will have arrived ;) The weather gods have certainly given Spring a weird twist this year!
Jon

Highbridge

May 7th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Amazing so much can be squeezed into small camper unit

kernowjon

May 7th, 2019, 11:35 pm

They say marriages are made in heaven! I guess finding this camper is on the same footing for us!
This time last summer 2 old wrinklies - Sandra and myself; and our dog Bertie. Travelled from our home in west Cornwall to John O' Groats and Dunnet's Head in Scotland (of course we started from Land's End and the Lizard) - we also completed the North Coast 500. In total nearly a month away and in that time we wild camped every night but one - Applecross Campsite. The kicker is we did it in a small Romahome demountable on a Daihatsu HiJet 1300cc
7732_Dunnets Head.jpg
So finding a camper which had been laid out specifically for 2 people wild camping was a fantastic stroke of luck - I guess you could say the gods were smiling on us.

Jon

kernowjon

May 17th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Today we lifted the unit off the pick-up and lifted it with a sheet of 50mm Recticel - It may be imagination but even on a short drive I thought I could tell the Centre of Gravity has shifted. I definitely have to extend the steps - it had been on a maybe list, but the 2 inch lift has made it imperative to do.
Initially I was worried the electric jacks would not do the job - but my fears were unfounded and in an hour and twenty minutes the job was done, including washing the cab roof.
Jon

kernowjon

May 17th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Some pics of the camper getting lifted.
DSC_9530 reduced.JPG
DSC_9533 reduced.JPG
DSC_9534 reduced.JPG
DSC_9537 reduced.JPG
I don't think the increase in height is really noticable looking from the front - no nasty gap between the luton and the cab roof.
Jon

kernowjon

May 18th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Today we put on the graphics - I say we, but really it is Sandra who is ace at applying the graphics - the Suntrekker I got made by a1signman on Ebay - a really helpful person - I sent a photo and the size I wanted - he made the graphics.
DSC_9538 reduced.JPG
DSC_9540 reduced.JPG