Anchor point parts for Amarok

New link to this brilliant wealth of knowledge on the subject
alp_bing@yahoo.com

Anchor point parts for Amarok

January 3rd, 2019, 3:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I am looking for some shops in Europe that sells parts to connect campers to the pickup frame. Brackets, plates, tie-downs etc. I searched on google but could't find any resources in Europe, all results come from US based shops.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alp

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Anchor point parts for Amarok

January 3rd, 2019, 7:40 pm

Hello there,
In terms of 'fittings' members have used a range from eyebolts & turnbuckles through to the fastguns favoured by American and their much bigger truck campers
it all depends on your experience

E Cawood

January 3rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

From what i have read on here so far bolting an eyebolt into corner of loaded of pick up truck seems popular
then connecting those with camper using a threaded turnbuckle(s) or did you want to belt and braces and go down to the chassis rail?

alp_bing@yahoo.com

January 4th, 2019, 9:54 am

E Cawood wrote:From what i have read on here so far bolting an eyebolt into corner of loaded of pick up truck seems popular
then connecting those with camper using a threaded turnbuckle(s) or did you want to belt and braces and go down to the chassis rail?
Yes, the camper that I am buying 2nd hand doesn't fit with the original eyebolts that I have on Amarok's bed. So I think I have to find new connection points in the rear and front part of the bed. I'am not sure if I have to connect to the frame of try to resolve it up in the truck bed?

alp_bing@yahoo.com

January 4th, 2019, 9:56 am

zildjian wrote:Hello there,
In terms of 'fittings' members have used a range from eyebolts & turnbuckles through to the fastguns favoured by American and their much bigger truck campers
it all depends on your experience

Ok, so any online shops that is recommended by the members?

derestrictor

January 4th, 2019, 1:08 pm

Hello Alpi, not seen any sort of shop advertised here but the turnbuckles (and eyebolts) are the same on sale as most boat/chandelry shops or online

FinAde

January 4th, 2019, 1:20 pm

Hi, the majority of tie down options seem to be either ratchet straps, turn-buckles or fastguns. It’s recommended to secure to the chassis either via eye-bolts through the tub floor or outside of the tub, using chassis extensions. It depends on the camper and truck on the best soloution. I used trailer suppliers in the past for eye bolts and turn-buckles.

https://www.trailertek.com/
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

alp_bing@yahoo.com

January 4th, 2019, 9:03 pm

derestrictor wrote:Hello Alpi, not seen any sort of shop advertised here but the turnbuckles (and eyebolts) are the same on sale as most boat/chandelry shops or online
Thanks for the help, I thought there would be some special camper/RV parts and equipment sellers specific for pickup brands and campers like in US. It seems that these type of sellers does not exist in Europe(especially for frame mounted type parts).. I will have research more myself on google I think..

alp_bing@yahoo.com

January 4th, 2019, 9:14 pm

FinAde wrote:Hi, the majority of tie down options seem to be either ratchet straps, turn-buckles or fastguns. It’s recommended to secure to the chassis either via eye-bolts through the tub floor or outside of the tub, using chassis extensions. It depends on the camper and truck on the best soloution. I used trailer suppliers in the past for eye bolts and turn-buckles.

https://www.trailertek.com/
Thanks for the link, I will check and see what I can find.

zildjian
Site Admin

January 4th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Members have found the boaty' type fitting you find in online chandlers offer a lot of useful crossover stuff,
best proven way of securing is onto chassis (if possible)
and you may even find existing holes there to carry suspension & bodywork for other variants, but currently unused on your own vehicle

alternatively you can eyebolt through loadbed floor in each corner, but using factory fitted fixings may not be up to the kind of stresses a camper can exert on them so fit your own

There is a shop selling American fastguns etc, Personally I've not used them though I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has
and I'm unsure what stock they carry and what they may need to order from states
https://www.starspangledspanner.co.uk/