Window sticker

Self builds and DIY projects
mjb666

Re: Window sticker

September 25th, 2014, 8:36 pm

I would like a banner exactly the same as the one at the top of our forum, i think it is superb & covers everything but i would like it like so you just wet it & stick on or peel off. One for my pick up rear window for when units not on & one for the bottom rear door window so the people driving behind me might learn what i'am driving, also won't block main windows.

p.s. I would also like a tax disc holder style one for next month onwards. I would also like to add that as i can neither draw or design, i'm not really in a position to be critical about anyone elses ideas but i just want a sticker please.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Rubberratttttttttttt! :mrgreen:

TrueDink

September 25th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Defiantly a reverse image to stick on the inside of the trucks windscreen next to my Nissan-Navara.net sticker. I am still liking the line drawing on this thread. I like the perspective view rather than it being flat.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2014, 9:42 pm

TrueDink wrote:Defiantly a reverse image to stick on the inside of the trucks windscreen next to my Nissan-Navara.net sticker. I am still liking the line drawing on this thread. I like the perspective view rather than it being flat.
+1 then I always preferred that one too

thing is you can't produce both a 'through the windscreen' viewable image and also have it double as a self-adhesive on the reverse to stick on a bumper (like a GB sticker)
not sure in which direction to go, can someone show samples of what they'd like

see if we can get a consensus on this

rubberrat

September 26th, 2014, 9:07 am

OK, i'm listening! I'll get a couple of designs up for the group to vote on X-Factor style.

One thing to think about, clear backgrounds often tend to yellow with age, would it it be better to go with a simple white background.

I went with the 2D line drawing as it was simple, and simplicity is the key in logo design, but I can rework the 3D one if tha'ts what the consensus is, although it needs thicker lines to be a logo rather than just a stylised drawing.

I'm searching for inspiration for a slogan/strapline with a modicum of humour, so throw your hat into the ring guys
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Eurosully

September 26th, 2014, 9:25 am

I think we are all looking at different uses, so potentially different stickers??

For something to be placed where the tax disc is in the front window, we would need a square or circle rather than a banner (a banner would project into the forward view) A banner would be good in the rear window of the cab, or in the window of the demountable (although I'm not happy to put anything in the windows of my unit as the view/light is already quite limited, but may put something on the camper body)

So maybe we need something that can be adapted for different use? But this is difficult as we have text which will be reversed as soon as you stick it to the outside of a surface (camper) rather than the inside of the window.

I'm not much help.......sorry.... :(

zildjian
Site Admin

October 22nd, 2014, 6:55 pm

Hmmm,
had a couple of samples back from printer today, first go they were printed wrong way around and 'stuck' onto the outside surface of window,
this lot are tax-disc size (but oblong) and go inside the same way, but when applied to screen are neither readable or the blue background discernible.

Opinion is that we may need to use a different colour either white/yellow or both,
Rubberrat came up with this and put it up on our FB page so some of you will have missed it
what do you all think of this

zildjian
Site Admin

October 22nd, 2014, 8:22 pm

Bimobil I'm guessing
although I think He was casting about for ideas really and thought the roadsign with camper across it looked good so I guess He could easily lose the fairings around rear chassis,

I've been trying for this as a clear sticker for internal surface (glass) but without success,

what with the blue being to similar to the windscreens and given its small size the lines & text isn't distinct enough without a backing colour of grey or darker blue

wonkywheel

October 26th, 2018, 8:58 am

Reading through some old threads.
Was there ever a final decision about stickers?
If so, what is available because I think I need to make some attempt to decorate the outside of my demountable to make it look like a real one. 8-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

zildjian
Site Admin

October 26th, 2018, 6:58 pm

Shop has a range of stickers in all shapes and sizes, normally People choose one to cover a specific dent or graze,
not sure how many are sold properly