Off to see a Demountable !!

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Steve&Lyssa

Off to see a Demountable !!

October 6th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Hi Campers ,
well we have sold our American RV and sometime next week we are heading across France to take a look at the attached
https://www.leboncoin.fr/caravaning/150 ... ..comments please .

My worry Is that my four door Ranger will struggle in 'standard ' mode , All I have are some large ratchet straps will this be enough to get it home , some 600 klm ????
An ever hopeful new Demountable owner !!

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Off to see a Demountable !!

October 6th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Can you ask owner for some pictures of how its fixed to his pickup, you can't pass straps over (or through windows) even as a get-you-home
better to look at owners solution and then copy as best you can onto your truck.

It is usually four eye-bolts one in each corner of load bed. actual position of these not massively critical but must allow camper floor to slide in between them mainly,
then a turnbuckle up of each one onto corresponding hook on underside of camper normally

zildjian
Site Admin

October 6th, 2018, 1:14 pm

I mention 'through windows' as some moron once did that some years back and created damage for a members here to clean up themselves later on!

zildjian
Site Admin

October 6th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Steve&Lyssa

October 6th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Many thanks for the info , so if I was to bolt 4 eyelets either side of the wheel arches into the bed pan they will be way out of the way of the base sliding past them. off to look under the bed to see what's in the way of my plan .....watch this space !
The great thing about living in rural France is most large Villages have a Tractor bits supplier so LOADS of eyelets and stuff .

Sorry one more item , I am assuming that the truck will handle the same as it does with half a ton of sand in the back ...if not worse ??
Steve & Lyssa

zildjian
Site Admin

October 6th, 2018, 2:32 pm

No 'rallying' or 'going sideways' off roundabouts I'm afraid no,
also you'll need to look into buying a pair of airbags to go in between chassis & axle, inflated to around 50 PSI these improve the ride massively,
you can collect it without this (I did) but you'll appreciate the ride with them!

If you can get eyebolts in front of wheel arches of load bed good, but few pickups have that gap theses days, you'll more likely end up squeezing them inside wheel arch on load bed floor just leaving enough width to slide camper in,
the rear eyebolts have loads of floor to choose from so aren't a problem,
if need be then fit these at least for trip and hopefully pass a cargo strap down from camper on one side-between loadbed and cab under chassis, then back up to camper on other side to get you home

or you could always take a drill and spanners with you and do it on collection (again as I did)

Had a look at trend up FB page and they appear at least to share same sort of (front) hooks on underside as most of our units

zildjian
Site Admin

October 6th, 2018, 2:43 pm

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopu ... mi_air.htm

simple guide to what you'd need, nearly all the bags about the same size, brackets though are vehicle specific as they fit over chassis and spring, air fittings usually 6mm and often push-fit for ease

Ogden scamper

October 6th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Where are trend campers from ?

looks very nice inside and neat design, good luck with purchase & trip across country

zildjian
Site Admin

October 7th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Trend up campers 1994 are Italian, they offer three types;
'USA' 'Easy' & (this one) 'Extended' for use on Euro pickups

apparently built to last from a range of materials Trend up will also create custom designed products for commercial markets too,
this one is latest of Ten sold in Europe in last five years priced anywhere between 8-30K€

Alexd

October 7th, 2018, 2:50 pm

Neat looking camper that and in good condition for 17 years old model :D