Van demountable

Self builds and DIY projects
Kitch191

Van demountable

September 16th, 2018, 6:17 pm

I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.

They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.
I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

have seen on here but it is a challenge & I like challenges. I have built the box & the legs & have now to fit it on to see how it looks then I will go from there.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Van demountable

September 16th, 2018, 6:48 pm

We'd be happy to see that please yes Garry, wondered when you'd get around to making your own :)

Kitch191

September 16th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Yeah it`s been a while

zildjian
Site Admin

September 16th, 2018, 7:59 pm

And mail me the pictures here demountablecampers@gmail.com where I can host them for you

Alexd

September 17th, 2018, 6:50 pm

Pictures are good i like these DIY projects
you get exactly what you need after all from a camper

zildjian
Site Admin

September 20th, 2018, 5:58 pm

Pic's added

now we need some more interior (if completed) ta

Kitch191

September 20th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Kitch191 wrote:I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.

They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.
I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

have seen on here but it is a challenge & I like challenges. I have built the box & the legs & have now to fit it on to see how it looks then I will go from there.
Basic try out just to give an idea of how it works in case I cannot complete it as I have been offered a pick up & will adapt it to fit on the pick if I sell the combo. I originally wanted to do the pick up version as I have another different idea to try on that as well

Kitch191

September 22nd, 2018, 5:08 pm

Kitch191 wrote:
Kitch191 wrote:I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

Sold the combo it will now be built for a Isuzu pick up but I hope it has given ideas to anybody to do one maybe to fit a low roof vivaro or along the lines of. It would have looked totally different to that finished but my original project is on now.

Basic try out just to give an idea of how it works in case I cannot complete it as I have been offered a pick up & will adapt it to fit on the pick if I sell the combo. I originally wanted to do the pick up version as I have another different idea to try on that as well

Kitch191

October 4th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Kitch191 wrote:
Kitch191 wrote:
Kitch191 wrote:I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

Sold the combo it will now be built for a Isuzu pick up but I hope it has given ideas to anybody to do one maybe to fit a low roof vivaro or along the lines of. It would have looked totally different to that finished but my original project is on now.

Been busy changing the pod to fit the truck. Body done now need to fit all the usual bits & pieces into it.

derestrictor

October 5th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Noticed you have full height legs already sourced and they seem pretty rare
most people take a shorter set and weld extension onto base

I wondered where you got yours from?