Van demountable

Self builds and DIY projects

Van demountable

Postby Kitch191 » September 16th, 2018, 6:17 pm

I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.

They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.
I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

Image
Image
Image


have seen on here but it is a challenge & I like challenges. I have built the box & the legs & have now to fit it on to see how it looks then I will go from there.
Kitch191
 
Posts: 28
Joined: November 19th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Re: Van demountable

Postby zildjian » September 16th, 2018, 6:48 pm

We'd be happy to see that please yes Garry, wondered when you'd get around to making your own :)
User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11282
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: Van demountable

Postby Kitch191 » September 16th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Yeah it`s been a while
Kitch191
 
Posts: 28
Joined: November 19th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Re: Van demountable

Postby zildjian » September 16th, 2018, 7:59 pm

And mail me the pictures here demountablecampers@gmail.com where I can host them for you
User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11282
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: Van demountable

Postby Alexd » September 17th, 2018, 6:50 pm

Pictures are good i like these DIY projects
you get exactly what you need after all from a camper
User avatar
Alexd
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: October 20th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Location: home again home again!

Re: Van demountable

Postby zildjian » September 20th, 2018, 5:58 pm

Pic's added

now we need some more interior (if completed) ta
User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11282
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: Van demountable

Postby Kitch191 » September 20th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Kitch191 wrote:I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.

They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.
I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

Image
Image
Image


have seen on here but it is a challenge & I like challenges. I have built the box & the legs & have now to fit it on to see how it looks then I will go from there.
Basic try out just to give an idea of how it works in case I cannot complete it as I have been offered a pick up & will adapt it to fit on the pick if I sell the combo. I originally wanted to do the pick up version as I have another different idea to try on that as well
Kitch191
 
Posts: 28
Joined: November 19th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Re: Van demountable

Postby Kitch191 » September 22nd, 2018, 5:08 pm

Kitch191 wrote:
Kitch191 wrote:I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

Sold the combo it will now be built for a Isuzu pick up but I hope it has given ideas to anybody to do one maybe to fit a low roof vivaro or along the lines of. It would have looked totally different to that finished but my original project is on now.



Image
Image
Image


have seen on here but it is a challenge & I like challenges. I have built the box & the legs & have now to fit it on to see how it looks then I will go from there.
Basic try out just to give an idea of how it works in case I cannot complete it as I have been offered a pick up & will adapt it to fit on the pick if I sell the combo. I originally wanted to do the pick up version as I have another different idea to try on that as well
Kitch191
 
Posts: 28
Joined: November 19th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Re: Van demountable

Postby Kitch191 » October 4th, 2018, 3:38 pm

Kitch191 wrote:
Kitch191 wrote:
Kitch191 wrote:I am building a demountable to fit on my Vauxhall combo van . They can be made to fit any size low roof van ie transit, traffic type. For people who have vans instead of a pick up.They consist of a 6 x 5 feet bed either toilet & sink or cooking facilities.I will put photo`s up as & when I can, It is not a new idea as there are pics of them fitted to cars & all sorts in the photo`s

Sold the combo it will now be built for a Isuzu pick up but I hope it has given ideas to anybody to do one maybe to fit a low roof vivaro or along the lines of. It would have looked totally different to that finished but my original project is on now.

Been busy changing the pod to fit the truck. Body done now need to fit all the usual bits & pieces into it.


Image
Image
Image


have seen on here but it is a challenge & I like challenges. I have built the box & the legs & have now to fit it on to see how it looks then I will go from there.
Basic try out just to give an idea of how it works in case I cannot complete it as I have been offered a pick up & will adapt it to fit on the pick if I sell the combo. I originally wanted to do the pick up version as I have another different idea to try on that as well
Kitch191
 
Posts: 28
Joined: November 19th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Re: Van demountable

Postby derestrictor » October 5th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Noticed you have full height legs already sourced and they seem pretty rare
most people take a shorter set and weld extension onto base

I wondered where you got yours from?
User avatar
derestrictor
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: November 18th, 2014, 7:21 pm
Location: gotham Nottingham

Next

Return to Self builders & projects please

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests