nigell1

Post up an image good or bad of your camper
Post Reply
nigell1
Posts: 7
Joined: November 11th, 2017, 3:31 pm

nigell1

Post: # 23035Post nigell1
August 17th, 2018, 7:34 pm

IMG_20180701_131354.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20180701_131415.jpg
Last edited by nigell1 on August 17th, 2018, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
Posts: 11808
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23036Post zildjian
August 17th, 2018, 7:37 pm

What is that outfit Nigel please?

nigell1
Posts: 7
Joined: November 11th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23037Post nigell1
August 17th, 2018, 8:04 pm

zildjian wrote:What is that outfit Nigel please?
Hi The demountable is still uknown to me but is definitely European ie sockets, equipment etc, I did ask Wilco at cellulepickup but he did not know either . The pickup is a 2003 chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0 8ft bed running on lpg , surprisingly good on lpg ps the unit is very heavy

User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
Posts: 11808
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23040Post zildjian
August 17th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Luckily you have something can cope with it!

like to see any interior pictures too please for our collection if you have them ta

nigell1
Posts: 7
Joined: November 11th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23041Post nigell1
August 17th, 2018, 8:50 pm

zildjian wrote:Luckily you have something can cope with it!

like to see any interior pictures too please for our collection if you have them ta
Attachments
IMG_20180523_165711.jpg
IMG_20180523_165742.jpg
IMG_20180523_165658.jpg

User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
Posts: 11808
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23042Post zildjian
August 17th, 2018, 9:22 pm

So I've asked the question on Casa-trotter (the French Site for us)
so lets see if they come up with anything on the ID of your camper

mjb666
Posts: 569
Joined: August 23rd, 2014, 5:07 pm
Location: Surrey. M3-Junction 4.

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23043Post mjb666
August 17th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Hi nigell1 & Welcome to the Forum

That's really an imposing looking set-up you've got yourself. Are you UK based, i ask as i'm guessing you've had to travel to get a package that suited you.

Do you have any sideways on photo's of the De-mountable attached to the pick-up. I only ask as it does look like it has quite a long overhang past the rear of the pick up bed. I just wondered how it drives & any weight issue's you might or might not have?

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

nigell1
Posts: 7
Joined: November 11th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23044Post nigell1
August 17th, 2018, 9:28 pm

zildjian wrote:So I've asked the question on Casa-trotter (the French Site for us)
so lets see if they come up with anything on the ID of your camper
HI again many thanks for the enquiries as its one of those things that bugs.

User avatar
zildjian
Site Admin
Posts: 11808
Joined: September 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Location: Tooooo far from the coast!

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23045Post zildjian
August 17th, 2018, 9:56 pm

You aren't alone,
France made lots of different campers in last few decades, Spanish market have produced some rare used campers over time I've been doing this and it looks a little like theirs too

nigell1
Posts: 7
Joined: November 11th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Re: nigell1

Post: # 23046Post nigell1
August 17th, 2018, 10:04 pm

mjb666 wrote:Hi nigell1 & Welcome to the Forum

That's really an imposing looking set-up you've got yourself. Are you UK based, i ask as i'm guessing you've had to travel to get a package that suited you.

Do you have any sideways on photo's of the De-mountable attached to the pick-up. I only ask as it does look like it has quite a long overhang past the rear of the pick up bed. I just wondered how it drives & any weight issue's you might or might not have?

Mike
Hi Mike Yes uk based (Lancs) no photo of side view but yes a long overhang, on picking up from southern france I found excessive rear bouncing over the many French speed humps, even though I had fitted airbags on rear axle . when I got back home I changed the rear shocks to kyb monotubes hd the original shocks had had their day when I removed them much much better now ,the only concern now is body flex at rear overhang , I am going to support the rear off my tow hitch , the demountable has a provision for this. Cheers PS, just found this from previous owner
Attachments
IMG_20180810_170305_23.jpg
IMG_20180810_170305_23.jpg (4.44 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
Untitled.jpg

Post Reply