Nissan Navara Front Eye Bolts

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
BobJ

Nissan Navara Front Eye Bolts

August 4th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Nissan Navara owners - where have you put your front tie down eye bolts within the load bed? I think I'm happy at the back - probably using the towbar which conveniently has holes either side of the ball. Thanks

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Nissan Navara Front Eye Bolts

August 4th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Have you found a camper now then?

BobJ

August 4th, 2018, 10:24 pm

All being well yes, somebody got hold of me through my request on this group. I just need to finalise a couple things with the pickup. Suspension next week and hopefully find somebody local to me who understands what I am trying to do regarding eye bolts. Facebook group has given me a reply but I am still very interested in knowing what others have done Navara wise.

zildjian
Site Admin

August 5th, 2018, 5:54 am

So assuming you don't have the camper at your place and you intend to collect it with you Navara,

The eyebolts need to be in floor of loadbed and not in headboard (that doesn't give your camper chance to wrench them out)
they need to be in each corner but not so tight you can't hook something through them obviously.

In fact the actual position isn't millimetre crucial but what members have found was adding a large plate washer or holed piece of steel beneath load bed spreads the campers pulling energy more evenly Here
otherwise travelling over speed bumps or other rough terrain has been known to distort load bed in worst cases.

You could use towbar as rear mounting points its been done before but though a good chassis point to go to,
(unless the rear points are wide enough apart) two more eyebolts inside tailgate would give you proper corner fixings

as opposed a more triangulated fix

zildjian
Site Admin

August 5th, 2018, 5:57 am

I might add, that fitting the bolts is quite easy as long as you have access to a drill, :)

choose a spot in each corner, check beneath to make sure bolt will come out somewhere accessible to get a washer and nut on (and spanner)

BobJ

August 5th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Thanks for the information. Very useful.

Ogden scamper

August 9th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Eyebolts
is it just the case they are immediately below the corresponding hooks on underside of camper
or
does it make a positive difference if they are slightly forward of the camper
{so pulling forward so to speak}

if i am over-thinking this somebody please say :lol:

saDgit

August 10th, 2018, 7:18 am

Ogden scamper wrote:Eyebolts
is it just the case they are immediately below the corresponding hooks on underside of camper
or
does it make a positive difference if they are slightly forward of the camper
{so pulling forward so to speak}

if i am over-thinking this somebody please say :lol:
I've always assumed that pulling slightly forward and outward was the ideal - if possible.
If you think you're over-thinking it, you should check out this guy! :shock: http://truck-campers.uk/docs/maglebyreport.pdf
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

August 10th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 18.53.01.png
Bli-mee!
but for his work on airframes (mentioned) I'd have thought that was a thesis by some nerdy graduate as part of their degree