Chinese Diesel Heaters

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Big Jim

Chinese Diesel Heaters

November 4th, 2017, 1:52 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5KW-12V-Dies ... 1438.l2649

Does anyone have experience of these ? They don't seem very controllable , but very cheap at £200 +vat

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Chinese Diesel Heaters

November 4th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Not seen those before, I've had a look around and can't find an opinion on the net anywhere for or against,

Big Jim

November 6th, 2017, 9:26 am

A bit hopeful of me , but I asked the seller if it is CE marked and got this reply.....

"Dear friend ,
Thank you for your message ,what is CE Certification ?could you tell us ? wait for your reply , thank you
Have anice day!
Sherry"

I think certain products may be stopped at customs if not marked ?

sabconsulting

November 6th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Another consideration: how much do you trust one of these - you are looking at something that burns diesel within your camper, possibly while you are sleeping. Can you trust a cheap Chinese copy of German heater? What if it leaked diesel, overheated, started a fire in your camper?

OK, I've used stuff like cheap Chinese solar controllers, and cheap Chinese digital thermometers, but generally only low voltage electrical stuff - i.e. stuff less likely to kill me if it is faulty. I did buy (and then return) a cheap Chinese generator, but I knew I would only be running that while supervised, not leaving it running overnight.

I.e. - I'll take a risk that something won't work and I've wasted my money, but I won't take a risk that my camper will burn down or I'll be killed by it.

Steve.

zildjian
Site Admin

November 6th, 2017, 9:12 pm

We leave the 'Nanny-state' to the Caravan club, in terms of the product I wouldn't risk sleeping with it running
and there are good reasons for this

Mcculler

November 20th, 2017, 3:57 pm

sabconsulting wrote:Another consideration: how much do you trust one of these - you are looking at something that burns diesel within your camper, possibly while you are sleeping. Can you trust a cheap Chinese copy of German heater? What if it leaked diesel, overheated, started a fire in your camper?

OK, I've used stuff like cheap Chinese solar controllers, and cheap Chinese digital thermometers, but generally only low voltage electrical stuff - i.e. stuff less likely to kill me if it is faulty. I did buy (and then return) a cheap Chinese generator, but I knew I would only be running that while supervised, not leaving it running overnight.

I.e. - I'll take a risk that something won't work and I've wasted my money, but I won't take a risk that my camper will burn down or I'll be killed by it.

Steve.
My thoughts exactly. I'm so sceptical towards products like this.

Big Jim

November 27th, 2017, 8:06 am

How about this one ? £470 inc p+p

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoterm-PLA ... 1438.l2649

zildjian
Site Admin

November 28th, 2017, 7:48 am

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Well at least people have used these and reported on them, I think I'd be more confident buying and using that product

wonkywheel

April 8th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Seems to be a mixed feeling on the facebook/Chinese diesel heater group. Some good, some bad, but still seems like a good buy to me.
I might try one,if I ever get anything to put it in :oops:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

derestrictor

April 9th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Can say that I've certainly had some less than good experiences with products from China, doc you know anyone yourself that has used one of these heaters?