Buying used SKarosser print this off...

zildjian
Site Admin

Buying used SKarosser print this off...

May 11th, 2016, 9:42 pm

When buying any used camper we always recommend taking along a damp meter these are cheaply available from Ebay and simple to use and can save you a lot of money and act as a bargaining tool.£8.79

Try everything electrical you can, ask about heating and water systems, and decide if its been lucky enough to enjoy winter storage out of the elements or has been damaged in the past

Swedish campers exported all over Western Europe
marketed in Germany as 'Nordstar' or lately 'Northern Lights
France as 'Easy camper'
UK as 'NSR' or 'Easy camper'

recently re-imorts into UK started after a lapse of eight years due to a direct sea crossing between NE UK>Sweden ceased

to date and unless badly treated pretty bomb-proof in fact, little spring that retracts window blind can do with a re-tension every few years, fridge door latch snapped (that was me) what else,,, oh thats about it

Alexd

Re: Buying used Skarosser print this off...

May 15th, 2016, 5:43 pm

http://overland-live.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... osser.html

interesting if a bit out of date perhaps

zildjian
Site Admin

Something to report !

June 6th, 2016, 8:09 pm

'Kitchen' window stay,
stopped holding window open, removed it and looked,
Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 11.10.54.png
In the picture below my thumb is a little spring clip in grey plastic, remove that to reveal a tiny spring with a ball bearing beneath it that bears down onto the sliding ram inside and locates in three shallow holes which holds window
closed>open>open more>fully open,
a spring out of retractable pen, tiny bead from some a broken bracelet and its fixed

saDgit

Re: Something to report !

June 6th, 2016, 8:27 pm

zildjian wrote:'Kitchen' window stay,
stopped holding window open, removed it and looked,

In the picture below my thumb is a little spring clip in grey plastic, remove that to reveal a tiny spring with a ball bearing beneath it that bears down onto the sliding ram inside and locates in three shallow holes which holds window
closed>open>open more>fully open,
a spring out of retractable pen, tiny bead from some a broken bracelet and its fixed
A small cable tie around the grey plastic spring clip stops it from happening again.
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

Heating stopped working ;check this

January 27th, 2017, 2:30 pm

Had an Alde engineer out today to service the system as I'd never had it looked at or seen anything from previous owner about it either,
heating had stopped working although boiler produced plenty of hot water from tap.

As he opened the hatch behind boiler He noticed some damp on rubber seal around door and on inspection found a pinhole in this rubber elbow which almost immediately split as He looked at it

Now I think about it, there HAD been a damp spot on floor in that corner though I'd though it was rain off the roof,
Engineer is coming back in a week with rubber elbow, some service parts and refill with correct glycol mix I'll let you know bill

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Buying used SKarosser print this off...

April 15th, 2017, 3:44 pm

replace perished hose, heater service around 180 quid

zildjian
Site Admin

August 11th, 2017, 6:05 pm

1900-542 (Part #) for Alde3000 Boiler
was losing a 'cupfull' of glycol based fluid each day due to this 'bottle vent' having gone wrong

these Alde boilers don't require routine maintenance but like a check over & service every few years

zildjian
Site Admin

January 6th, 2018, 7:04 pm

And this from a member whose lights dimmed one night.....

zildjian
Site Admin

May 21st, 2018, 7:00 pm

Little thing this time;
Shower head, discovered a small puddle of water in shower tray this morning, imagined it might be the Thetford toilet flush tank (not quite sure why) and had look but saw nothing untoward,
finally tracked a small water seep from shower head trigger thing,
IMG_20180521_185406_hdr.jpg

only ever tried tried shower once in all the time I've owned it and gave up immediately as it meant refilling fresh water tank!

and the control beside sink I always imagined to be a tap (and so probably OFF) is in fact likely a temperature control,
IMG_20180521_185425_hdr.jpg

meaning shower is permanently under pressure.

Next week when I get back I'll either remove and cap it off depending on access, or repair or replace shower head although we never use it

mjb666

May 21st, 2018, 7:25 pm

A shower & loo was right at the top of my want list when i started looking for a De-mountable 8 years ago, not really sure why but we decided we must have this set-up.

All i ended up with is a room with neither, i suppose i could put a porta loo in there but we haven't. It's got a sliding door and we use it to store everything that we take away.

If we ever upgrade, we've decided that it isn't a deal killer.

Do other owner's use there's a lot?
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable