What Tub Liner and other stuff?

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Madmountainman

What Tub Liner and other stuff?

April 9th, 2016, 11:55 am

I don't want to be overly precious with my pickup, but would like to look after it as much as possible, so i'm looking at tub liners.
What's your experience of them and your recommendation? I do quite fancy the bedrug lining, but will it be camper proof? I've also seen plastic liners used in conjunction with a carpet liner that slips in when you wish to use it. Any thoughts?

I'm also pricing up Dinitrol wax rust proofing treatment for the underneath, which looks to be a good idea, given the amount of metalwork that'll go rusty. Circa £500 seems to be the ball park figure, with 3 days to get the job done professionally.

Also, wind deflectors/spoilers. Anyone recommend them for the windows and, if so, which make? Then there's the bonnet one. Are they any good at limiting the flies and stone chips hitting your bonnet and windscreen?

Finally, it's been covered before, but i'd also like your recommendations on air suspension systems. Which makes should I be looking at?

aejcooper

Re: What Tub Liner and other stuff?

April 9th, 2016, 12:57 pm

Hi

The Ford Ranger we mount our Tischer demountable on has the ford plastic liner in the truck bed, we mount and dismount onto this with no issue and so far has being holding up well to the demountable.

Thanks

zildjian
Site Admin

April 9th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Drop the load liner in before you fit the eyebolts as liners have odd angles which don't effect where the camper goes but might prove a nuisance for the bolts if already fitted.
camper will flatten some of the 'ridges'' in liner if there's any movement on the road as it can then 'rock' back and forth worst case scenario

Hilux tailgate needs to come off in use with Skarosser as grey water tank conflicts with it unfortunately
tailgate weighs about 18kg with care its a one man job

Height is snug above cab but keep all four doors closed during loading in case you lower one side too much and touch one
I never have but noticed they can get get quite near sometimes,

Peaky

April 9th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Sack the plastic tub liner idea, they collect dirt underneath them which in turn acts like sandpaper & rubs through the truck bed :cry:
Spend a few extra quid & get your bed spray lined. I've done this with my last 3 trucks :!: :!: :!:

http://www.speedlinereuro.com/

You won't regret it ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

Madmountainman

April 9th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Peaky wrote:Sack the plastic tub liner idea, they collect dirt underneath them which in turn acts like sandpaper & rubs through the truck bed :cry:
Spend a few extra quid & get your bed spray lined. I've done this with my last 3 trucks :!: :!: :!:

You won't regret it ;)
I've sent for info and a quote on this, but still like the bed rug idea, though putting the removable carpet over this coating, when required, is also an option. My truck has a liner already fitted, but i'd already read about the sandpaper effect, so was after something better. If you don't mind divulging, either openly or via pm, what does this spray liner cost?

Madmountainman

April 9th, 2016, 8:45 pm

zildjian wrote:
Height is snug above cab but keep all four doors closed during loading in case you lower one side too much and touch one
I never have but noticed they can get get quite near sometimes,
The previous owner had my camper on the Amarok, so he'd added a nice wooden frame to the base (of the camper) in order for the camper to clear the cab. This will mean no problems for me when I get to put it on my truck. I've not looked at it closely yet, but the extra height it gives may even allow the grey tank to clear the tailgate, but i'll still be taking it off all the same.

Peaky

April 9th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Madmountainman wrote:
Peaky wrote:Sack the plastic tub liner idea, they collect dirt underneath them which in turn acts like sandpaper & rubs through the truck bed :cry:

You won't regret it ;)
I've sent for info and a quote on this, but still like the bed rug idea, though putting the removable carpet over this coating, when required, is also an option. My truck has a liner already fitted, but i'd already read about the sandpaper effect, so was after something better. If you don't mind divulging, either openly or via pm, what does this spray liner cost?

I paid 450quid for my double cab 3yrs ago. It took 1 day to complete including the prep to the existing paintwork, it has to be sanded down so as to provide a good key for the spray liner. You can choose what colour, finish & where you want the liner to finish ie under rail or over.
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

TrueDink

April 10th, 2016, 11:31 am

There is no problem dropping a camper onto a BedRug. I've been doing it for 4-5 years. I fitted a BedRug to make the dogs ride in the bed more comfortable. No damage to the bed and its removable.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

Alexd

April 13th, 2016, 10:29 am

With the load bed sprayed with a liner, is it still possible to use a bed-rug ?
These are handy for protecting delicate item from scratches and dents

TrueDink

April 13th, 2016, 11:01 am

Yes. The spray liner is only a couple of mm thick so it wont impede the fitting of a BedRug.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0