Window sticker

Self builds and DIY projects
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Window sticker

September 25th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Got a printer looking at the logo with possibility of running off a few presently
Asked him to look at:

About postcard size or a bit smaller,
Mostly transparent but with logo in either blue or white

What do you all think please?

Eurosully

September 25th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Sounds good. If they were in a colour other than white, they could be stuck on the camper body as well as or instead of a window? Multi purpose! :idea:

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Oh I was thinking a windscreen non opaque type thing where tax disc was before
logo/URL/ strap line like here but without the blue,
if you all want something else nows a good time to mention,
hadn't thought of one to go on camper (it would still go in its windows of course)

richc

September 25th, 2014, 2:56 pm

I'd prefer a standard sticker, rather than a window one, don't see the point of having windows and then covering them with things

Their's often a sticker maker at the AO show, he uses the 7 year vinyal stuff and fora 2 colour sticker that's the stuff. If you no longer want the sticker it just peels off so you can put it on the camper body

Actually managed to move my 4x4 response stickers from the Isuzu to the Mitsi and the re-stuck on with no problem

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2014, 3:01 pm

No what I was hoping for a small largely transparent type on the inside of the windscreen, where would people pop a sticker on their pickups, that was what I was thinking anyway
stickers are easier and likely cheaper to produce mind you, I'll see if this chap is at the show on Saturday & see what he can suggest

Eurosully

September 25th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Sorry, I may have confused the issue!! :?

I'd thought that.....if the "sticker" was made with a transparent background with a bold logo/text colour, it could be applied to the inside of a window but also (as it had a clear background and none white font) it could be turned around and stuck to the outside of a camper body. You could then have a choice, or use more than one sticker i.e one in the window so people could see how cool you are :mrgreen: (owning a demountable) when the unit is not on the truck, and one on the camper if, like me, you find the large, blank, white camper body a little bland. (and look even coolererer 8-) )

Or I may just buy some Dulux match pots and go wild with a 2" paint brush!!

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Your right I think, as it would be transparent with bold logo/writing and 'stick' to windscreen inside,
but can't have adhesive both sides
(at least I don't think, but I will ask to clarify)

Eurosully

September 25th, 2014, 3:55 pm

If it is just a logo, it would only need adhesive on one side, as the background is transparent. If it has text my idea wouldn't work as it would read backwards when you put it on the camper, so maybe not such a good idea after all!!

However.......if the sticker was transparent you could always cut off the text with scissors and then just use the logo on the outside of the camper, if you didn't want it in your cab..... and use the cut off text inside, or s second sticker....multi functional.....I think I might go and have a lie down!! :oops:

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2014, 3:59 pm

I'm kind of winding down ready for teatime about now, so I'm going to have to re-read this after that to fully.... get it

I'd like to thank you all the same

/blimey :(

Peaky

September 25th, 2014, 7:27 pm

zildjian wrote:I'm kind of winding down ready for teatime about now

Bleeding Nora.......It was only 3 pm when you wrote this !!!

So I'm guessing you either eat tea early or you have one heck of an afternoon nap :lol: :lol: :lol:
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0