New member needs help with Apallo revamp

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta

Re: New member needs help with Apallo revamp

Postby zildjian » June 24th, 2016, 10:07 am

There will be other occasions, after this weekend you can drive over to Northampton where I am if you like
will that be less rushed?
zildjian
Site Admin

Postby Rocket_man » June 24th, 2016, 11:19 am

Hi Richard,

Sounds much less stressful. We will miss meeting up with you guys. Let us know when Northampton is good.

Cheers
Rocket_man

Postby Rocket_man » June 27th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Hi All,

Hope you had a good time in Devon. Shame we was not able to make it.

We get our truck back on Wednesday. Richard you mentioned about Northampton, do you live there or is that another meet? We are looking to try the Apallo out for a few days from Sunday. We could swing by Northampton or meet up with a few people somewhere else. We are not sure where campsites we will go to or which places. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim
Rocket_man

Postby zildjian » June 27th, 2016, 8:08 pm

I live in Northampton and easily accessed from A14 from Cambridge if you'd like to stop by over a weekend you have my number.
needn't go too far first time, a little driving just to get the feel for it.

Suggest hooking it up from the house for a night see if everything works as it should, ours hadn't been out this year and had a handful of little things needed fixing when we went away last week, and obviously I hadn't got the right pliers or screwdriver to hand, when was yours last used do you know?
zildjian
Site Admin

Postby Rocket_man » June 27th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Apparently the last time it was used was about a month ago, but now looking closely at it, we do not think that is correct and it seems like the couple who sold it to us was full of lies!

We tried it hooked up to the house and mostthings seem to work.

We could come by you on Sunday. Maybe you can email us your address. Do you know any nice places to go past Northampton. A nice campsite for the night?

Cheers
Rocket_man

Postby zildjian » June 27th, 2016, 9:34 pm

YHM
Campsites near here I'll have to think for a minute on that one,
just try everything out, tap, heater, all lights some are mains maybe, most 12V and usually if Leisure battery is failing its a problem.
many things rely on a 12V battery in the EHU circuit to function properly, if its old you might want to think about replacing it
as despite being plugged in somewhere the fridge for example might not want to play.

Has it been fired up recently, the starter components on many of our at weekend were and consequently at least one unhappy couple had throw away nearly a fridge full of food!
so its important not to set off without being confident its all in working order, also if your seller was economical with the truth
I would get a habitation check carried out by a caravan gas man or at very least buy both smoke and monoxide detectors to be on safe side
zildjian
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New members, say hello