Hello

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
digger.walker

Hello

June 5th, 2016, 9:14 pm

A Demountable Camper Group card was put under my wiper at the Red Rooster music festival this weekend in Suffolk. Having logged in I recognise 'Ziljian' from a previous group several years ago. Am I correct?
I run a Defender130 with an Adventure Demountable which I have owned since 2001.

The problem is that it was not built for the Defender and it has to be seriously 'chocked up' to clear the cab. This leads to a high centre of gravity and I always carry a spare set of 'undies'! In the past I've had two incidents with collapsing Happijacs, which I can assure you, is not a pleasant experience. I got nowhere enquiring, if anyone else had had similar mishaps.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Hello

June 5th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Hello Digger, yep we've been about for awhile, I remember someone asking about Happijac's although I thought was quite recent so may be another member.
Mark saw both you and another camper at rooster this year, the other is a Tischer camper did you see it?

zildjian
Site Admin

June 5th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Got it, another Land rover owner in fact
HERE

rubberrat

June 6th, 2016, 3:44 pm

Hio Mark here. I was the cardee. I was still a bit hung over and had just emptied our four day portaloo when we spoke hence the lack of handshake.

Three demountables at that campsite..must be a record.

Still... a good gig. I did notice the truck roof was close to the camper overcab.. To the point that I wondered if it squeaked.

Check out the FB page too. I put a pic of your camper there.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

digger.walker

June 6th, 2016, 4:24 pm

Hey Rubberat,I noticed the not existent gap. I was perplexed! I noticed today that the front bearer ( to raise the camper) was too far forward & allowed the front to dip. Hey Ho! It was one of my sons that you spoke to. He's not an enthusiast & so may have come across as disinterested! They tell me that there was considerable interest in the rig.I only live six miles away and so it was easier for me to deliver and bear a retreat I picked up the photo from Zildijan; thanks.
Zildijan; I notice that I bought replacement Happijacs in 2011 & then again in 2013. So it wasn't that long ago. The second pair I sourced from Panther RV. I wanted the updated model.The problem with a collapsed jack,it buggers one of the others as it twists, so all in all it's an expensive exercise.

zildjian
Site Admin

June 6th, 2016, 4:51 pm

I'm interested in what actually happens with those, I've read lots of grumbling on stateside forums about them 'failing' but never actually worked out what happens, does the inner section drop out onto the floor by itself
or have I read that wrong?

digger.walker

June 6th, 2016, 6:17 pm

The alarming thing on the first occasion was that the camper nearly rolled onto me. I was saved as I hadn't fully removed the truck and the camper was saved from going right over by coming down on the tub. The inner section was quite free within the outer case. I now keep the truck close should a front jack go again. Both occasions it was the front offside. I also make sure I have a spirit level handy & use it regularly when taking the camper off the truck.
Trying to work out how you post photographs!

zildjian
Site Admin

June 6th, 2016, 6:49 pm

We use these http://postimage.org/

failing that send me it and i'll add it back into your post

Alexd

June 6th, 2016, 7:10 pm

Hi diggerwalker, I use postimage usually since its about easiest and doesn't require membership

digger.walker

June 6th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Is there an email address for you somewhere