Fiamma Awning fitting

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Ramotel

Fiamma Awning fitting

May 2nd, 2016, 10:36 pm

Hi all , Just bought a 2011 Ranger demountable camper long body , I want to fit a 2.6 meter Fiamma F45s wind out awning , has anyone fitted one ? , I can see the wall thickness is about 40mm , what is the wall structure , is it aluminium outer skin with foam core and then a thin plywood with the interior wall finish . what is the framing , 4 x 2 timber laid flat around the perimeter ?
Any info on fitting will be appreciated .

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Fiamma Awning fitting

May 3rd, 2016, 6:27 am

Hi, many of us have them fitted, the kit it comes with includes 3-4 back plates and plastic covers these slide along the back of Fiamma I believe in order you then miss anything corresponding inside like a cabinet or other structure.
For specific information you might call Simon at Ranger motorhomes 0780 3678 880

http://www.rangermotorhomes.co.uk/

who made your camper and just confirm specific fitting

Ramotel

May 3rd, 2016, 11:40 pm

Hi Zildjian ,
Thanks for info , I contacted Simon , he gave me good information and I have ordered a 2.6 meter Awning , f.y.o. there is a vertical timber stud on the centre line of the big window and another just off centre of the kitchen window , its position is marked by the vertical joining strip between the interior panels . So I can srew right into those studs and then have one Fiamma bolt , nut and interior plate kit ( with a bit of copper tubing as a spacer ) half way along in a cupboard .
Very pleased with the long body Ranger , my Dodge handles great with the anti-sway bar and airbags raised to 60 psi , plus my mirrors can see straight past the camper body !!

Cheers ,
Mark.

zildjian
Site Admin

May 4th, 2016, 6:54 am

Thats useful Mark thank you, awning are a common addition and this question comes up pretty routinely so I've included your remarks in the (Ranger/Nomad) buyers guide for others
ta

Zildjian

TrueDink

May 26th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Great info that.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0