Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Gazza

May 1st, 2016, 6:29 pm

Hi all
I have just registered with the forum, unfortunately I don't have a demountable as yet (so hopefully won't be thrown out)!! but am on the look out for one to fit my Amarok. I was originally looking for a motorhome but when I came across the demountable, I just had to have one :-) I now have the truck, and have been looking at the Tischer 220/30/40, Nordstar 6L and Northstar 700 demountables. but would like to have your views on the different manufacturers and where I can find a second hand model.

I have spoken with Golum form {censored promotion}, he is on the look out. I have now accepted a job in Scotland so must get a demountable that can cope with the winters up there, any help would be so much appreciated, please remember you are talking to someone who knows nothing about them.

Truck is a double cab Amarok only mods to date are VB rear air suspension. I have no additional securing points to the bed just the standard ones that came with the truck. I hope you don't mind me asking, thanks in advance
Gaz

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: New Member

May 1st, 2016, 6:49 pm

Sure Gary your in the right place,
first off, insurance. is this Amarok your own or a company owned vehicle?
if your own then its easy we can recommend a handful of insurers ready to take your money, if commercial its a little more difficult to insure one thing on the back of something insured elsewhere.

Now Scotland, you'll need something insulated, that will be Tischer, Skarosser, Northstar, watch our demountable campers for sale thread HERE where new ones appear daily both here in UK and near Europe (France/Belgium/Germany/Switzerland (✔ the blue subscription box in lower right corner)

We don't know where you live yet but chance are we have someone in your area willing to show you around their camper so let us know that ASAP and I'll look at the pins on the map, we have members own Amaroks,
we have buyers guides HERE on all the popular campers so have a glance over those next

fittings; you'll need an eyebolt in each corner of the load bed floor its a DIY job so not a big hassle,
air suspension you have already so thats good

Gazza

May 1st, 2016, 8:05 pm

Hi
thank you for getting back so quickly, I am really glad I am in the right place, the truck is my own, so no issues there. I will be based for the next couple of weeks near Cumbernauld just outside of Glasgow, I am travelling up on Tuesday and staying over for about 12 days (working and looking for somewhere to live) so if there is someone nearby It would be great to see a demountable in the flesh. I will look into the sale thread and see what is available, thanks ever so much for this information, invaluable,

zildjian
Site Admin

May 1st, 2016, 8:45 pm

Bit few and far between up there,

we have a couple of people on West coast but I guess they are going to still be a hike from Glasgow, where are you now?

derestrictor

May 1st, 2016, 9:03 pm

Hello Garry, welcome to the group always nice see new members

Gazza

May 2nd, 2016, 7:28 am

Hi Derestrictor, thank you, looking forward to many a discussion on the demountable along with all of your experiences.

Zildjian.

I am in Maidstone in Kent at the moment.

zildjian
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2016, 8:42 am

Bit short notice all around then Garry for us on this occasion, I'm contacting a member in Cumbria see if He's about for next week maybe,

Good luck with new job next week and feel free to ask any question before you go and view or buy something, we can often give you some bargaining leverage advice before you leave home

Zildjian

Gazza

May 2nd, 2016, 9:05 am

Hi Zildjian

It is short notice, but thank you for doing this for me, I will definitely be in touch especially regarding the bargaining leverage!! all help is very much appreciated,

Gary

Peaky

May 2nd, 2016, 10:49 am

Morning Gary,

Welcome to the forum. Your deffo at the right place for plenty of advise, make sure to have a good route through the old posts, as a few folks are in a similar situation to yourself.
We'll be touring the NC500 route at the beginning of June. We'll be in Luss for a couple of nights 3rd/4th if you fancy a look around our Skarosser, fully insulated & the famous Alde wet central heating system ;)
PM me if you want to have a brew & a nosey for my mobile number.

Andy
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

Toshbins

May 2nd, 2016, 11:12 am

Hi Gaz.
We're just a little further along the path than you. We also have an Amarok and set out looking for a secondhand camper to fit. We visited Apollo and Northstar as well as Gary with the Dutch campers and found it very useful to see the different approach of the various manufacturers. We also visited forum members as we travelled round and they were very helpful in explaining the reasons for their choices and letting us look over their campers. We eventually decided that we were unlikely to find exactly what we were looking for secondhand, so have bitten a very large bullet (more like a big shell) and ordered a new Tischer 220 from Golum at NSR.

How do you find the VB suspension? I have a huge box of bits waiting till I have the chance to fit them.

It will be delivered at the end of June. We'll probably be up around Glasgow visiting our daughter in July, so could visit you then, if you like, whether or not you have already got something organised by then.

Graham