Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Hi im a Newbie

October 6th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Here's as good as any to start with,
http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/su ... 8_126.html
I've used Marcle a couple of times now their stuff works, air bags are about 7/10 in difficulty level to fit

Now, on this subject, if you are considering getting the vehicle uprated with DVLA (as is the current fetish amongst our members) you might wan to pay a garage an hours labour to fit the air kit for you, and provide proof with a bill to help you with DVLA

Kit comprises a pair of small air bags some simple flexible pipe and a couple of tyre type valves to inflate them with

keeflester

October 6th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Hi Paul again. I hunted around for a kit for my truck. I didn't use marcle, although others have done. I did the original test fit and it's not the same as some others. My rear shock absorbers are asymmetrical and too close to the centre to allow the bags to replace the bump stops. So the solution chosen was to place the bags asymmetrically, opposite the shocks. There's an offset plate that fits under the main u-bolts from the bottom of the bag. The top of the bag clamps to the chassis rail. I'll take some pictures in a few days and put them on our Facebook page. I can't do much just now as I'm on jury service all week. The hose lines are simple push fit and I fed them out to two schrader valves fitted on my rear "bumper bar". I wish I'd thought it out better cos it's a bit of a bugger to get at them when my rig is loaded, so I probly should move them some time. I don't know if your truck is laid out the same way?
you probably will also have a load sensing brake bias controller. If you jack the rig up too high it will bamboozle the brake bias into feeding more braking to the front wheels. I found this out the hard way and fried a set of pads on our first alpine trip with the Northstar. I disconnected the spring, which restored full braking to the rears, but this has to be a temporary cure as it will fail the mot test if everything isn't as the manufacturer designed it. Once again, I learned by doing. Bottom line is to remember the airbags are just for rear spring assist and not a cure for overloading.
If you want to talk, send me a pm and we can arrange something.

Hope this helps, k33f
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

zildjian
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Yes Paul, the very best thing to do is come along and meet one of us, let us show you over what needs doing and Keith is your nearest it would appear and can far more readily show you and save confusion over putting it into words here,

obviously carry on asking while you arrange a meet up this is just a bit more technical than most stuff

Zildjian

derestrictor

October 7th, 2015, 10:59 am

lucky really looking at you home there is actually someone close by, but would think it much easier to go and look at another members rig see how its done