Site Admin

Re: Hello from Gloucestershire

January 4th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Hello again Trog, hows it going?

scraggs

February 23rd, 2016, 9:06 am

Hi everyone
I have accidentally stumbled across this thread, and thought I would put the record straight.
The demountable in question was in fact built by myself and not by Trog, Trog purchased it from me in either very early 2015 or some time in 2014, I really can't remember which.
Here are the full build pictures on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/47177303@N08/ in those pictures are a couple of pictures of my youngest son Ben and myself messing about, and yes I do have a lot of sockets :) you can never have too many sockets.
When I sold it to Trog it had some water damage (never build a camper from wood imo) and I sold it due to lack of use and not having the time to repair the water ingress, at the time I would rather see someone else get some fun from it than see it rot, I wish I had just let it rot now to be honest.
It was an interesting project but boy was it a lot of work, I learnt loads from it, the most important being if you make something out of wood then it must be fiberglass sheathed outside.
I am sure some of you will understand I am a little bit upset/annoyed that Trog has tried to palm this off as his build, when I met him he appeared an intelligent person, how wrong can you be ?, to even have the cheek to steal my photos on my Flickr stream of the build.
If anyone wants to ask anything about the build please feel free to ask, somewhere I have some pictures of it on it's first outing at Sizewell in Suffolk, it was painted all white then, it was a dreadful weekend weather wise but the van stood up well to it although we nearly lost the toilet tent, and I will try to get the finished pictures posted up in the next few days, I have quite a few more pictures of the build on a HDD somewhere.
Regards
Keith

trog

February 23rd, 2016, 9:36 am

Hi Keith apologies if the article gave the impression of claiming I built the demountable. Purpose of the article 1. was to get info on replacing the legs 2. To touch Base with others with more knowledge than myself. 3. I was asked to give details of the build with pics. I don't put personal items such as photos of you and your lad out on the net. 4 I have actually done a re build on the camper by repacing the roof and the interior. I can confirm you did the original build and put all the considerable graft necessary to get it on the road in the 1st place.
Whether I am gifted with intelligence is sometimes a matter of debate but the demountable is being put to good use.

saDgit

February 23rd, 2016, 12:44 pm

scraggs wrote:Hi everyone
I have accidentally stumbled across this thread, and thought I would put the record straight.
The demountable in question was in fact built by myself and not by Trog, Trog purchased it from me in either very early 2015 or some time in 2014, I really can't remember which.
Here are the full build pictures on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/47177303@N08/ in those pictures are a couple of pictures of my youngest son Ben and myself messing about, and yes I do have a lot of sockets :) you can never have too many sockets.
When I sold it to Trog it had some water damage (never build a camper from wood imo) and I sold it due to lack of use and not having the time to repair the water ingress, at the time I would rather see someone else get some fun from it than see it rot, I wish I had just let it rot now to be honest.
It was an interesting project but boy was it a lot of work, I learnt loads from it, the most important being if you make something out of wood then it must be fiberglass sheathed outside.
I am sure some of you will understand I am a little bit upset/annoyed that Trog has tried to palm this off as his build, when I met him he appeared an intelligent person, how wrong can you be ?, to even have the cheek to steal my photos on my Flickr stream of the build.
If anyone wants to ask anything about the build please feel free to ask, somewhere I have some pictures of it on it's first outing at Sizewell in Suffolk, it was painted all white then, it was a dreadful weekend weather wise but the van stood up well to it although we nearly lost the toilet tent, and I will try to get the finished pictures posted up in the next few days, I have quite a few more pictures of the build on a HDD somewhere.
Regards
Keith
Hi Keith,
I recognised the photos of your camper and, as I mentioned in my post back in October, I assumed it was you that had posted them on the forum. My apologies for that. It's a shame Trog didn't take that opportunity to correct me and to give credit where it was due. You have every right to feel pissed off.
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

February 23rd, 2016, 7:25 pm

Hello Keith well welcome to the site anyway, no bones broken and the camper is being put to the use intended so not all bad I hope,
yes please we'd like to see any images you have of the build we very much like technical stuff here, if you like send me any individual favourites and I'll get them hosted up
Best wishes
Zildjian

derestrictor

February 23rd, 2016, 8:24 pm

Hello Keith, welcome to the group I think your White might have been an improvement over NATO green :D

scraggs

February 23rd, 2016, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome
I think the bulk of the build is covered by the ones on the flickr stream.
Here are some of it finished.
I may be building another one soon, either that or a van conversion, the next would be built out of a aluminium frame with fiberglass sheet outside, celotex between and ply inside, that should make for a light but very waterproof and maintenance free shell.

Alexd

February 24th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Hi Keith,
Very nice job of construction there well done :)