irish newbie saying hello

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
greendragon3

irish newbie saying hello

August 6th, 2015, 9:29 pm

evening all demountable kings , my name is terry im from sligo on the north west coast of ireland , we are just after purchasing a very old suntrekker demountable for our ford transit crew cab , been an idea we have been hatching for a while and when one came up on ebay we went for it , bearing in mind she needs a full makeover its not in bad shape for its age ( 1983 ) , i will keep you guys posted on any progress we make , hope to start gutting the inside this saturday ! few pics .

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: irish newbie saying hello

August 6th, 2015, 9:43 pm

I remember that one from sales the other week, it had been used a bit then put under cover hadn't it don't think there were interior pics though, whats it like Terry?

Peaky

August 6th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Welcome to the forum Terry,

We look forward to watching your progress, hopefully with regular updates.
No pressure & plenty of photos please.

Andy (peaky)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

martinjdover

August 6th, 2015, 10:48 pm

Hi Terry and welcome to the group.

I did the "Wild Atlantic Way" last July in my Defender 130, with Northstar Demountable, north to south. We really enjoyed the diverse landscapes and some fantastic wild camps along the way.

Good luck with your rebuild (it looks to fit the transit better than the Scania!)

Martin and Jan (Dorset)

derestrictor

August 7th, 2015, 8:23 am

Nice straight barn find although dated interior with curtains from the 80's perhaps
would make a good starting point wouldn't it, lke you say gut the interior and refit with contemporary stuff and modern appliances that willl make a good camper

well spotted that man

greendragon3

August 7th, 2015, 11:03 am

hi guys , thanks for all the kind comments , its going to be a bit of a slow burner im afraid but hopefully we can make some progress this weekend when we tackle the inside and hopefully getting it sitting on the bed of the trannie a bit better , i have some interior shots that i managed to snap the other night .

zildjian
Site Admin

August 7th, 2015, 1:34 pm

quite a unique find really, covered in lichen and damp corners is the norm, so finding the reverse must have been a challenge, what had you in mind for the interior?

rubberrat

August 7th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Nice, and a nice set of pics. That gives us two transit crewie rigs in the group! Member 'Breakaway' has the other - he built that one himself.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

astartosteerby

August 7th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Hi Terry, that looks unusual in that it's designed to sit on a flat bed rather than between the sides of a pickup. Would give you a greater choice of transport I'd say.

Good luck with it, I live just down the coast in Mayo. If you can see Nephin from where you are I live at the bottom.

greendragon3

August 7th, 2015, 10:28 pm

derestrictor wrote:Nice straight barn find although dated interior with curtains from the 80's perhaps
would make a good starting point wouldn't it, lke you say gut the interior and refit with contemporary stuff and modern appliances that willl make a good camper
i was just thinking about re-doing the inside with hector-2 roof lights , the stylish ash frame furniture and the scatter cushions with the matching shag pile covering , and im terrible partial to the periwinkle blue boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ-nirYb00s