Hi there from the other side...

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
saDgit

Re: Hi there from the other side...

July 22nd, 2015, 10:39 am

Hi Joerg and welcome. I remember finding and enjoying your blog on the story and woes of importing the 'Bog Queen' some years ago and included it in the Stuff About Demountables website which I used to write. It's still listed at http://truck-campers.uk/odds-n-sods.html. I hope you've had fewer issues with the Outfitter!
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2015, 11:13 am

And hello Martin, (hows the world of work)

that'll teach him :mrgreen:

Star Six

July 22nd, 2015, 11:29 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh my, the good old Bog Queen ;-) She was a great camper, but too big and too heavy for us.
That is a great web page and a nice link collection you got there! Now I know what will keep me busy... The original text about our old camper is still online: Bog queen

I actually ended up writing a book on the subject (probably the only one in german): http://www.amazon.de/dp/3842345712

The Outfitter has been a good girl so far. There were some cosmetic issues from the transport and sloppy workmanship, but everything has worked with few exceptions. This is our 5th year with it, and so far we
- repaired the clear water hose to the cassette toilet. twice.
- replaced one jack motor
- removed a kink from the fresh water fill hose
- replaced the battery with 2 Optima Blue Top batteries and installed a battery monitor (there is nothing like running out of electricity at 4:30 AM with -5C outside and the propane sensor giving a low-voltage alarm... Lesson learned from the american TCers: one battery, one night)
- replaced the water pump (cleaning or replacing the pump diaphragm might have done the trick as well)
2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT SCLB 4x4 6.2 with Northstar Arrow

saDgit

July 22nd, 2015, 12:11 pm

zildjian wrote:And hello Martin, (hows the world of work)

that'll teach him :mrgreen:
Dunno - haven't started yet. Currently animal-sitting for our daughter in a digital black hole in mid-Wales.
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2015, 12:22 pm

And you know I never judge people or make shallow assumptions on the life choices of others,
but honestly,
had it not been for the fact I've been doing nothing all morning but loaf about on here
I would just so say something right now.. :roll:

derestrictor

July 22nd, 2015, 12:53 pm

zildjian wrote:Image
Zildjian herbergeur d image

Wow... :shock:
Thats a lot of rot, how long did that take to repair?

Star Six

July 22nd, 2015, 1:07 pm

Thats a lot of rot, how long did that take to repair?
The better part of 6 weeks in April/May 2009. The rot was limited to the rearmost 30cm of the camper floor and both sideskirts.
That sinking feeling when you get a new to you camper and sink a screwdriver all the way to the handle and then you know you can't just take the thing back to where it came from...
It wasn't too bad. At least the wooden frames are easy to fix. Everything is just stapled together, even the outer skin panels.
And we (my wife Janina and myself) learned a lot about campers in those 6 weeks.
2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT SCLB 4x4 6.2 with Northstar Arrow

rubberrat

August 4th, 2015, 9:20 am

Hi (sorry i'm late to this thread!) really like that rig of yours. I definitely 'get' the pop-top concept. If i wasn't a sucker for creature comforts and winter camping I'd certainly consider one.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200