Meki saying ey up

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Meki

Meki saying ey up

June 28th, 2015, 9:18 am

I'd like to introduce you to Ralph the mk3 Hilux and Billy Bob Brian the Demountable, we've only had BBB a few weeks, he came needing a good bath and his bedding destroying, the first thing we did was to drive him to the local council dump, open the back door and throw half his innards into a skip.

We're in the process of replacing all fittings with stainless, we've had a new bed and seating made by a local upholsterer, they look fabulous, tomorrow he's having a section of floor replaced, the bathroom sink waste pipe wasn't attached, it had been discharging water down the wall behind the C200 for sometime!

He's had a thorough service by a chap that works on those big American RVs that fairground people have, the guy is a genius and drives this monster:

His verdict on BBB was that he's a very good dry van, and now everything works, worth far more than we paid for him

This is an idea for a new graphic for BBB, I'm not sure, I'll revisit it later once the stainless is complete

kitch 191

Re: Meki saying ey up

June 28th, 2015, 9:29 am

Hello
Welcome to the group It will be a little quiet at the mo as they are all on the social. I have an adventure looks similar model to yours on a hilux been doing it up since buying it not far off now. I hitched it up yesterday to go to meet the gang but had a problem with the rear lights took me four hours to sort it not best pleased. Will book in early for next year but might not have the adventure have something else in mind.
Garry

Meki

June 28th, 2015, 9:44 am

Here's BBB when we picked him up.

He came with a bike rack, now all shiny, the black mounting metal work is away being plastic coated

The bike rack all cleaned up:

Meki

June 28th, 2015, 9:47 am

kitch 191 wrote:Hello
Welcome to the group It will be a little quiet at the mo as they are all on the social. I have an adventure looks similar model to yours on a hilux been doing it up since buying it not far off now. I hitched it up yesterday to go to meet the gang but had a problem with the rear lights took me four hours to sort it not best pleased. Will book in early for next year but might not have the adventure have something else in mind.
Garry
Hi Garry, we drove over yesterday to the meet, we only stopped for short while. Have you done a thread aout your rebuild, I'd be interested to read it?

kitch 191

June 28th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Zildjian did text me mentioning another member with a adventure yesterday thought it might be you. I have put photo`s & a little bit about it on the welcome to new members under the title
HERE :mrgreen:

you can see it there or under my username it should come up I think not good with the workings of the site

zildjian
Site Admin

June 28th, 2015, 3:16 pm

'Meki' the username was puzzling me for hours last night, then I realised the HPOC connection

glad you both enjoyed looking around and you've found Gary now with his own adventure camper, we have another example I'm going to hook you up with for info, give a day or two to catch up on emails

Zildjian

derestrictor

June 28th, 2015, 3:38 pm

So thats why its been quiet here!
I was waiting to post pictures here on friday night and nothing happened :oops:

Meki

June 28th, 2015, 5:56 pm

For those of you with a Toyota Hilux, this is what a HPOC meet is like:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

http://Www.HPOC.co.uk
Last edited by Meki on June 29th, 2015, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meki

June 28th, 2015, 6:02 pm

kitch 191 wrote:Zildjian did text me mentioning another member with a adventure yesterday thought it might be you. I have put photo`s & a little bit about it on the welcome to new members under the title
HERE :mrgreen:

you can see it there or under my username it should come up I think not good with the workings of the site
Gosh! That's quite some read, you've done an amazing job - BBB's needs aren't any near as bad at that, if fact, the worse will be over with by the end of this coming week, hopefully?