Meki saying ey up

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta

Re: Meki saying ey up

Postby Meki » 29 Jun 2015 23:22

TrueDink wrote:Welcome to the forum. Nice to meet you at the weekend. Good luck with your repairs. If you have any questions about the Merican stuff I will do my best to help.

Thanks mate, likewise, it's a pity that we couldn't have stayed longer.Today, I've mostly been addressing the leaking sink in the bathroom, the sink has gone (can't see the point, we only use sites with proper facilities) a mate, who builds kitchens and stuff for Madonna and George Clooney has done all the woodwork, it looks and feels much stronger than when it left the U.S. IMO

I've been replacing all the fittings with stainless, to date I've used over 300 screws, nuts and bolts and I'm about to order another 200!
Meki

Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Postby Meki » 30 Jun 2015 22:12

From this:

To this:

Meki

Postby derestrictor » 01 Jul 2015 19:00

good how replacing little bits even like that can alter appearances so quickly, what other bits have been done?
derestrictor

Postby Meki » 03 Jul 2015 19:57

derestrictor wrote:good how replacing little bits even like that can alter appearances so quickly, what other bits have been done?

Today we purchased plastic panels to reline the shabby and worn old walls, very light weight and very good value, that's tomorrow's job, as is, replacing the extremely rusty piano hinge holding the battery compartment door with stainless steel
Meki

Postby Bookend » 03 Jul 2015 20:12

Saw you this afternoon on the A61 crossing the A38.

I had to abandon the M1 and cut through clay cross :roll:
Bookend

Vehicle: Hilux Apollo

Postby Meki » 03 Jul 2015 22:00

Bookend wrote:Saw you this afternoon on the A61 crossing the A38.

I had to abandon the M1 and cut through clay cross :roll:

Twas indeed us, we saw a sufficiency of mk6s today, so we probably did see you too, we went to collect the light weight shower walling for the Demountable from Chesterfield
Meki

Postby zildjian » 04 Jul 2015 07:42

So what else is on your list there then? You were saying you expecting to take it with you presently I think so must be doing well
zildjian
Site Admin

Vehicle: Hilux/SKarosser

Postby Meki » 04 Jul 2015 15:13

zildjian wrote:So what else is on your list there then? You were saying you expecting to take it with you presently I think so must be doing well

Water proof vinyl flooring and walling in the bathroom area, under that is a very thin foil and foam membrane

The bike rack should be back from the zinc and powered coating place today

Loads more stainless screws and bolts to replace the rusty old stuff
Meki

Postby Meki » 05 Jul 2015 21:35

BBB bike rack frame came back from The sprayers, the quality of finish is outstanding, blasted, Zinca coated and powered coated, the finish is so thick, it feels tactile and super smooth, you just have to keep stroking it.

As was:

[url="http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Mekiimages/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0219_zps3wtrnqhj.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

As is:

[url="http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Mekiimages/media/image.jpg1_zpshsl78m8u.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

[url="http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Mekiimages/media/image.jpg1_zpssszdh6l0.jpg.html"]Image[/url]

Of course all the fittings are now in Stainless
Meki

Previous

Return to New members, say hello