how doo

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
derestrictor

Re: how doo

April 18th, 2015, 10:00 pm

cant believe how differnt that camper looks now Kitch' threy will be forming an orderly Q for repairs at your place.

Will those legs be forced through the circular bands, is that right and so do they chisel/saw off?

kitch 191

April 18th, 2015, 10:21 pm

Would be nice to have a queue of repairs to carry out or commission builds that would be a business I would like to get into.

I will have to angle grind the bolts off the old clamps as they are to rusty to undo then force the new ones apart to slip them over the legs but still working out how to do it. Once they are over I can g clamp them together to line up the bolt holes but it`s just getting them wide enough to go over with out cracking the paint.Then again when it`s finished I might give it all a paint over.
Had a chuckle at some of your pics yesterday especially the one of the kids & cat in the boat

des photos

kitch 191

May 14th, 2015, 7:56 pm

[quote="kitch 191"]At it again
Removed the lights & cut the hole larger for a electric box. Cut out the back of the box to thread the connector for the tow bar which now is located in the new battery box.Just need to finish the edges around the box with aluminium angle & connect the new lights further up the bodywork.Have rewired the wiring around the inside now need a battery to connect it all up.The gas cupboard is next & then finishing off the interior.

Going to let you all in on a design I thought of a long while ago hope no one copy`s it

pics to follow

kitch 191

May 14th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Probably right think I will keep it to myself a bit longer thanks

kitch 191 wrote:
kitch 191 wrote:At it again
Removed the lights & cut the hole larger for a electric box. Cut out the back of the box to thread the connector for the tow bar which now is located in the new battery box.Just need to finish the edges around the box with aluminium angle & connect the new lights further up the bodywork.Have rewired the wiring around the inside now need a battery to connect it all up.The gas cupboard is next & then finishing off the interior.

Going to let you all in on a design I thought of a long while ago hope no one copy`s it

pics to follow

zildjian
Site Admin

May 17th, 2015, 1:17 pm

"Hello Zildjian

Starting to see the finish line thanks Garry"

zildjian
Site Admin

May 17th, 2015, 6:58 pm

Kitch
were you able to re-use the soft furnishings or are they all new as well?

good looking job all the way through I think, well done

derestrictor

May 17th, 2015, 7:01 pm

That blue seating, it looks new to me

but yes very good so far

good work

kitch 191

May 17th, 2015, 8:32 pm

It is the original seating needed a good wash it has come up quite well,
For the first time I actually lay on the mattress on the luton surprised at the lack of room up there. I will create another king size bed 6ft X 5ft without any alterations to the floor area.

It will be a while before I can get to do this as it will be a drastic change to the structure of the box & time will be short as the house extension needs me & I have to finish off the other bits first. Looking for caravan wall board now to cover over the plywood finish might use light oak laminate on a roll that you cut & stick on, I have tried to get a match to the original but not quite there.

Thanks for the comments about the work so far.

zildjian
Site Admin

June 20th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Looks a good match on that Toyota as well, we look forward to seeing what you get fixed next mate

kitch 191

July 9th, 2015, 6:01 pm

zildjian wrote:Looks a good match on that Toyota as well, we look forward to seeing what you get fixed next mate
Have a problem not sure if anyone with a hilux can help.
Went to Weston Park to the vw rally the weekend in the hilux took my keys out of my pocket & dropped them on the floor. The ignition key fell apart I picked it up put it together not realising that the chip had fell out. Walked around for three hours had enough decided to go home truck would not start & I had to get it recovered back home.
Toyota want £800 quid to replace the ecu & keys I have spoken to a lot of mechanic trying to get them to do it but no luck, One of them says he will get back to me on Monday as he might know someone who can do it. The best chance I have is a company called duplicate in Brum but he asked me to take off the transponder ecu & take it to him to rechip it but my biggest problem is finding it. I have the radio out the clocks centre console glove box still no luck Toyota reckon it`s behind the heater but that is a big job & I don`t really trust Toyota as they might be only after the work.
Anyone got any ideas as I am looking at a box of matches at the moment