how doo

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
rubberrat

Re: how doo

March 26th, 2015, 9:16 am

Fibreglass or any 'open' insulation should be avoided. It does absorb moisture, specifically that created by human exhalation. Its fine for a van, but not for anything that you would sleep in.

Go for a closed cell product.
For DIY use, The foil backed bubble wrap type bought on a roll for small spaces, or better still a Kingspan or similar block foam product for larger flat spaces.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

MizRaff

March 28th, 2015, 9:49 pm

What an epic saga! Just discovered rot in the front corner of our Dutchmen demountable, so we may be off on a yucky voyage of discovery soon...
Just to say, when we did up our last two vans (Renault Master and Ford Transit Custom), we took all the ply lining off and put a layer of insulation in before carpeting all the ply panels and putting 'em back. the insulation (which naturally i can't remember the name of) is a closed-cell foam several mill thick, with adhesive on one surface. You cut it to size then peel the backing paper off and smooth it into place.... ultra easy!

zildjian
Site Admin

March 28th, 2015, 10:11 pm

OK can see your approach is direct at least :D

Will you take some pictures of immediate area so we can better help

kitch 191

March 29th, 2015, 9:53 am

Hi
Hope your journey takes you to just the front corner of the camper not all round like mine, then again at least it has given me an insight as to how these are constructed & pleasure from doing it .Have a nice yucky adventure & I will meet you on the other side.

what have you been doing then Garry, its looking better all the time

MizRaff wrote:What an epic saga! Just discovered rot in the front corner of our Dutchmen demountable, so we may be off on a yucky voyage of discovery soon...
Just to say, when we did up our last two vans (Renault Master and Ford Transit Custom), we took all the ply lining off and put a layer of insulation in before carpeting all the ply panels and putting 'em back. the insulation (which naturally i can't remember the name of) is a closed-cell foam several mill thick, with adhesive on one surface. You cut it to size then peel the backing paper off and smooth it into place.... ultra easy!

kitch 191

Re: more work

April 11th, 2015, 8:21 pm

I have been out repairing the front panel today but it is a bit difficult shaping the material in the wind as you have to warm it up all the way across it looks a bit lumpy.Will maybe do it again at a later date but wanted to get it watertight.
The inside of the luton needs finishing off with a bit more timber for strength then a test it to see if it takes the weight.I am waiting for delivery of the new clamps for the legs as they are rotten got them from Titan in the us regards to a fellow demounter on here for the info.Now need to move the battery box & gas box to enable more room in the loo area.

kitch 191 wrote:Hi
Hope your journey takes you to just the front corner of the camper not all round like mine, then again at least it has given me an insight as to how these are constructed & pleasure from doing it .Have a nice yucky adventure & I will meet you on the other side.

what have you been doing then Garry, its looking better all the time

MizRaff wrote:What an epic saga! Just discovered rot in the front corner of our Dutchmen demountable, so we may be off on a yucky voyage of discovery soon...

zildjian
Site Admin

April 11th, 2015, 9:23 pm

I'm hosting these images as thumbnails to click on as then when viewed you get the entire image which I think best for something technical like this

Nice neat work Garry, would indeed be terrific to see you both with finished article in June
but if not they'll be others planned :mrgreen:

MizRaff

April 13th, 2015, 5:35 pm

Gary,
it's looking fantastic! I hope I can do as well on our remodel. :mrgreen:

kitch 191

April 13th, 2015, 8:41 pm

New progress pics;

téléchargement de photos

zildjian
Site Admin

April 18th, 2015, 6:58 pm

Bump :mrgreen:

kitch 191

April 18th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Need to finish off round the edges of the white panel & seal.I was pondering on putting the number plate over the old battery box door but I think it is okay where it is now, any thoughts? Just need to rerun the wires for the light then reposition it.

Will move to the other side now & build that out for the battery box, The gas locker has me stumped at the moment might have to go below the sink or hob in the cupboard with the door on the outside.
Got the new clamps for the legs but I may have a problem fitting them as they must be slid on from the top when the legs are made.To open them up to go round the legs will take superman & it might crack the paint but I will have to chance it as taking the legs apart is not an option.

kitch 191 wrote:New progress pics;

téléchargement de photos