how doo

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: how doo

March 19th, 2015, 10:58 am

Whats next on the list after the floor & Leg brackets?

kitch 191

Re:at it again

March 19th, 2015, 7:56 pm

Getting rid of more rot took the luton floor away & this was underneath it.There is damage on the front of the fibreglass & that was the cause of this leak.After taking away the timber it left me with a problem of getting over to replace it with a new frame hence the ladders under the luton propping it up.I am working tomorrow so probably over the weekend to have another go.

martinjdover

March 20th, 2015, 1:02 am

Ahhh - thats what I had to replace on my Apollo due to a leak round the front seam and through the maker lights. Like you appear to be doing, I undertook all the reconstruction from inside the unit without having to disturb the outer skin.

Dampness and condensation led me to investigate and I was astounded about how much wet rot in the underlying matrix I found when I removed the plywood panel.

Good luck again with the repairs.

Martin

zildjian
Site Admin

March 21st, 2015, 10:44 pm

Whats the latest Gary then,

mind you been a little it cold to work outside I guess

kitch 191

March 22nd, 2015, 1:21 pm

I have had to do things around the house which has stopped me doing a bit to it but I have had ideas to change layout as well now. Going to move the gas locker & battery box as the they take up all the room in the loo area. When you use the loo you have to stand in the isle with a concertina curtain around you so if I fill the floor in build new walls & move the loo back we will be able to walk in & it will enable me to put a shower in as well.Changing the sink & hob layout as they are at an angle & come out to much I am going to make that straight across.

My biggest problem is securing the luton floor as the one side of the frame that is attached to the outer skin has rotted so it will be floating the only way is to screw through the outside then clad over it with upvc it sounds a bit of a bodge job but will look okay when finished as I will carry the repair on around to the front & opposite side to make it look as if it was always there, factory job fingers crossed. Be doing some of this week if poss.
Garry

uote="zildjian"]Whats the latest Gary then,

mind you been a little it cold to work outside I guess[/quote]

saDgit

March 22nd, 2015, 6:06 pm

Noticed the jacks are from Rieco-Titan, Garry. If you just want new clamps I can recommend contacting them. I got fantastic service from Deb Klir - deb@riecotitan.com.
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

kitch 191

March 22nd, 2015, 6:28 pm

Thanks for the info on the legs will send them an email in the morning

anyway new images on progress, just click on them for larger image

saDgit wrote:Noticed the jacks are from Rieco-Titan, Garry. If you just want new clamps I can recommend contacting them. I got fantastic service from Deb Klir - deb@riecotitan.com.

zildjian
Site Admin

March 25th, 2015, 8:48 pm

Coming on rather well I think.
what was the insulation standard of the original construction, thought affter you mentioned it had been on the ground for awhile it might be sodden clumps of fibreglass

Bookend

March 25th, 2015, 8:54 pm

I don't think the camper van converters recommend fiberglass insulation as it holds moisture and conversation.

I'm not sure though I just recall it

kitch 191

March 25th, 2015, 10:21 pm

The insulation was fibreglass don`t think it was much good in the first place but it was maybe all they had at the time when it was made.I cannot remember how long celotex or equivalent has been around for.I was hoping to get a shower in but have a feeling there isn`t going to be enough room for one.
I turned a sprinter into a camper a while back & fitted a slide out system similar to a le sharo I used to own & the shower was in the front of the door, when you pulled it out the floor came up to reveal the shower tray if I do that to this I will block the aisle off.
When I move the gas cupboard & the battery box I will get a better idea but had to stop working on it for a couple of days as there are things to be done to the house before a kitchen extension can go up but I will be back at it soon.

Been enjoying the challenges, it has made me feel as if I need to build the one I have in my head. I think it`s different to all the ones I have seen & have looked at loads over the years it would be nice to make a living out of making them.

zildjian wrote:Coming on rather well I think.
what was the insulation standard of the original construction, thought affter you mentioned it had been on the ground for awhile it might be sodden clumps of fibreglass