How big is yours........

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Haggis100

How big is yours........

February 28th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Afternoon all and Happy New Year! I'm trying to work out how high my 'pod' should be above the cab of the pick up. Can anyone tell me what the gap between the roof of their truck and the underside (bed area?) of their camper bodies is please? I'm guessing around 3-5 cm to avoid the thing being a wind catcher :? ?

hébergement gratuit d'images
hebergement d image
heberger image
photo libre
photo libre
heberger image
hebergement image

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: How big is yours........

February 28th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Hi Matt again,
typically about 3-5" sounds OK,
is that one of those big car canopies you are working in or have you crashed someone's marquee :D

Haggis100

February 28th, 2015, 8:27 pm

Yes it was a bargain from Costco. 150 quid and although the windy winter has taken its toll it's really saved the day.

zildjian
Site Admin

February 28th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Don't have a link I don't suppose do you, I really fancy one of those if tall enough
(certainly looks good)
I can see I hadn't any reason to ask after the repairs the other day, how are you finding it to work on?

Haggis100

March 1st, 2015, 9:02 pm

I'm loving working on it and it's certainly keeping me busy. The cold weather and Somme like conditions even inside the CSI tent have hampered me a bit recently though.
I think you'd struggle for height in this shelter Zildjian. The Tischer just nicely fits in and the roof folds. Also it's still at Caddy height as I haven't finished modding the legs to fit it onto the Hilux yet.

wayne

May 25th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Haggis100 wrote:I'm loving working on it and it's certainly keeping me busy. The cold weather and Somme like conditions even inside the CSI tent have hampered me a bit recently though.
I think you'd struggle for height in this shelter Zildjian. The Tischer just nicely fits in and the roof folds. Also it's still at Caddy height as I haven't finished modding the legs to fit it onto the Hilux yet.

if its any help, the previous owners of the tischer top i have made some modified legs and a clever stabilising frame also that fits under it. Its of no use to me and i be only too happy to see it reused. let me know if its any help.. if you could cover postage or arrange a collection so I'm not out of pocket its yours

Haggis100

May 25th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Hi Wayne,
Sorry I hadn't seen your post. Zildjian put me into it and said you might want a chat about rot? It's fair to say I've got some experience!
Also I'm interested in the frame that you talk about. Is it surplus to your requirements?

Matt

wayne

May 25th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Hi matt. Yes the frame is off no use to me and fits the tischer legs a treat! raises the top to the height that my friends 4x4 hi-lux slid under the tischer no problem. So as i said, if you can pay or organise the postage/collection its all yours. No hurry at the moment, its stashed away at work.

I'd be very interested in hearing more about the strip down of your camper body and maybe some more pics of what you've done which looks really good by the way! Does the aluminium cladding remove fairly straight forward? i've had a look and tried to work out the process and it looks to me as though once the edging has been removed the cladding can then be removed.

Haggis100

May 25th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Sent you a PM Wayne. I can spend all week talking Tischer rot or condense it to 20 mins. Your call...