Another hello from Suffolk

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
moon127

Another hello from Suffolk

February 13th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Another newbie poking his head in through the door.

We're in the very initial stages of looking at demountables with a view to replacing our 20 year old small 2 berth pop top caravan with something a little more suited to camping off the grid and exploring more remote corners of Scotland than towing easily alllows.

We were up in Lincoln a couple of weeks ago so stopped by Niche for a look at the Northstars. Nice quality but some concern over old skool construction and US brand furnace/water heater which is where research led us to find Tischer.

Found the UK dealer was local, contacted them and found out that Golum had actually just took this on, so am now in touch there and hoping we can hop coast to coast once the demo unit arrives to take a look.

In the meantime any advice welcomed while we build up the budget and try and decide what to go for. Heart for me says 1.5 cab and a bigger camper, the missus rightly says double cab for "future expansion"...

Eurosully

Re: Another hello from Suffolk

February 13th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Welcome to the site. How did you come across it? FB, Google, word of mouth??

There is loads of good advice to be had from some really experienced people. Take a look at the members map as tehre may be someone close to you or near one of your upcoming destinations, I'm sure they will be up for a drop in for a brew and a chat.

If you find yourself in Cumbria, give me a call, I'm more than happy to share my story of demountable activity.

Eurosully

zildjian
Site Admin

February 13th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Good afternoon Moon,
Not been to Niche myself so couldn't say, but the construction has been mentioned before like you say,
still, we have members all over the place with campers you just need to view our
'who owns what' thread
Here
and PM them see if you can visit and look one over,

welcome to group anyway,
plenty of advice if you want it

rubberrat

February 13th, 2015, 2:57 pm

Welcome aboard moon127!

Good luck with your search, speak to other members on here and take a look at their campers.
Ask lots of questions, we didn't have sites like this when some of us bought our first demountables so were mostly searching/buying blind.
We can pass on the wealth of knowledge we have collectively gained.

A plus for you is a resurgence in interest for small pop-top caravans particularly in the VW and classic car world so the values have shot up.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

TrueDink

February 13th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Hello and Welcome. If your passing County Durham pop in for a cuppa.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

Peaky

February 15th, 2015, 6:02 pm

Hey Moon, welcome to the forum. When you go & see Golum, ask him about Skarosser's as well. He the UK agent for both manufacturers ;)
I my humble opinion, I'd go for the double cab, it gives you seating for 4 adults & also acts as a Great size locker for all of those occasional things that you won't want to move every time you want to go to bed. It also helps with keeping weight forward of the rear axle, thus helping to reduce a bouncy ride :)

Keep those questions coming buddy & we'll do our best to help you make the right decision !

Andy
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0