Another new member

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
rubberrat

Re: Another new member

February 7th, 2015, 3:35 pm

I can just see the look on my dogs face if I even suggested that he travel in the back of the truck.
He travels in the passenger footwell regardless of whether anyone's in the passenger seat, and nothing will shift him!
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

FinAde

February 7th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Hi Chris,

We have the Highline model, 8 speed Auto, with 1860kg rear axle load limit. Adrian felt the 1620kg Start and Trendline models don't give enough leeway for the camper + water, accessories etc. Only had it since October and so far no problems. :?

No modifications to the truck or camper other than the frame which raises the camper up and supports the tailgate so it doesn't need to be removed. The front of the camper attaches to the front load hooks in the bed which are bolted through to the chassis so you shouldn't need to drill holes in the truck to add more eye bolts. Rear straps, we have still to do some experimentation with as load hooks are out of line with the camper strapping points. Potentially going to use the rear ✖ member under the step where the towbar would be bolted.

We fitted air suspension a few weeks ago, had a few teething problems with comfort of ride unloaded but have learned to ignore the instructions and ride unloaded with virtually no air in them.

No towbar as we don't intend to tow anything, just had 13 pin electrics fitted to a bracket, bought an adapter for 13 pin to 2x 7pin for the camper. The adapter wasn't expensive and now we have the new 13 pin ready for when we can afford a newer camper :)

The truck has a load liner which doesn't have to be removed as the distance between the wheel arches is wider than most other pickups. You can get them with the sprayed liners now which look pretty good.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Lost in the wilds

February 9th, 2015, 7:21 pm

Thanks for the advice folks.

The dog won't be a problem - what about the cat?

Chris

Lost in the wilds

April 23rd, 2015, 9:02 pm

We now have an Amarok and I've just got back from Italy where I bought a Tischer 230. We'll drive out soon to collect it and then intend getting.......lost in the wilds.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped with our queries.

I'll get some pictures posted when we get back from Italy.

Chris

zildjian
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2015, 9:10 pm

Great News Chris well done both of you getting that, look forward to seeing it around,

yes on the Milan info I'll mail you between now and then anyway give you some stickers to go as well

rubberrat

April 24th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Nice one, write up a short report on the trip forus all would you?
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200