Hi New Member

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
trevorpotts

Hi New Member

January 20th, 2015, 10:46 pm

Hi I am Trevor. I bought a Ford Ranger at the end of last August so I could have a demountable and therefore only one vehicle to run. I own Ardnamurchan Campsite (www.ardnamurchanstudycentre.co.uk) which is featured in Cool Camping, I usually get excellent reviews through them. In the ten years I have been open I do not think I have ever had a demountable on site. I get a few Land Rovers with roof tents, not quite the same but obviously people who like to get off the beaten track now and again. My demountable experience has not got off to a very good start. About three weeks after purchasing the 3 year old Ranger from Arnold Clark I did a long journey from near Fort William to Cromer via Cambridge with the intention of picking up an Apollo in Yorkshire on the way back. My clutch suddenly packed in at Cromer and it took a week to fix (another Ford garage in Northumberland where I had been heading). They sold the Apollo unfortunately that week. I had a rear nearside leaf spring replaced at the same time as the clutch all on warranty, I also had a full service as I had no service history. Long post I know but things got worse. I managed to pick up an old heavy Werver a few weeks later then headed for Spain in early November. My rear nearside wheel flew off on the motorway round Santander. The damage fortunately was confined to the wheel bearing and brakes. It took two whole weeks to fix and cost me nearly £2000. I did manage to get some sort of holiday in Portugal although the rain and thunder was torrential. It was much better in Spain. The problem I have now is trying to get someone to take some responsibility for the wheel coming off. The garage who serviced it say they were able to check the rear brakes through an inspection port without removing any wheels and remove the rear spring without removing the wheel that later came off. Arnold Clark blame the garage who serviced it and are now just ignoring me. Small claims court next I think. I will not get much chance to use the camper in the summer as I am to busy with the campsite so I am planning a trip to south Wales in March and then in October, Spain and hopefully Algarve for a month or two.

Peaky

Re: Hi New Member

January 20th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Hi Trevor & welcome to the forum, as I said on the FB group page. I've passed through Kilchoan a few times when traversing the single track roads to catch the ferry to Tobermory to visit friends who live there. I'll be making a point of wandering further down the road next time we're up that neck of the woods & grace you hopefully with your 1st demountable camper ;)
If you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to ask away. There's a wealth of experienced demountable owners on here who will be only too willing to help with any queries.

Andy
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

January 20th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Trevor, WOW and breathe...........

welcome to site anyway, are those Werver's heavy especially then, I'd never really thought about them in weight terms.

Bad luck on the wheel, where possible and as a result of things like this I try and minimize the number of people fixing stuff as when things go wrong it so often degenerates into a blame game when it goes wrong,
and it always seem to happen miles from home

anyway hindsight is a wonderful thing,

keeflester

January 20th, 2015, 11:29 pm

Hi Trevor, welcome to the forum, from your nearest forum neighbour. LOL
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

TrueDink

January 21st, 2015, 9:47 am

Hello and welcome from the North East of England.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

Eurosully

January 21st, 2015, 11:34 am

Welcome Trevor....

cthodgson

January 29th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Hi Trevor,

Once we get our demountable sorted we will come and visit! Do you get many white-tailed eagles?

Chris