Ey up!

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
cthodgson

Ey up!

January 20th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for approving me, this is a great site jammed with loads of great info.

We've recently scrapped a camper that we lived in on and off for 2 years. I've been tempted with demountables before but never thought the other half would go for it. Amazingly the other day I showed her one on eBay and the approval has been given, the light is green, all signals are go!

We are in Settle, North Yorks next week and then heading to the Midlands but would love to have a look in one before we buy?

My first daft question - can a bike rack be fitted when there is a rear door?

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to read

Chris

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Ey up!

January 20th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Chris welcome, where in the Midlands are you visiting ?

cthodgson

January 20th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Thanks zildjian, we are going to be in Redditch and may have no transport other than public. But may be able to get a vehicle for a day if required.

Annoyingly there is one I'm tempted with on ebay at the minute which is in North Yorks too, but I'm not getting any response from the seller. I've seen enough fake motorhome listings but this doesn't smell dodgy, so not quite sure why they aren't answering questions. It seems pretty right for us, but would be buying blind without seeing how they work etc. And with all the helpful offers on here I thought it a good idea to get some info first!

zildjian
Site Admin

January 20th, 2015, 10:38 pm

If you can reach your welcome to stop by and you can check ours out.
we haven't got the Yorkshire one in our for sale section ? :D

can you offer a link so we can help check it out

cthodgson

January 20th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Thanks for that, not sure if we'll get over asfar as but I'll never say never!

You have it on page 17, the Mitsubishi L200/Nord star combo

Peaky

January 20th, 2015, 10:46 pm

Hi Chris & welcome to the forum, I'm only in Bolton about an hour from you.
Your more than welcome to come & view my Skarrosser if you want to ;)
Send me a message if you fancy it :)

Andy
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

cthodgson

January 20th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Brilliant thanks Andy!

We are in Switzerland at the minute, UK bound tomorrow and back in't Dales on Friday. Bolton is very good for us so I'll give you a shout when I know what days I can make it over. Thanks once again, really appreciated!

zildjian
Site Admin

January 20th, 2015, 10:52 pm

I think 'NikonD3' trades them, one of our members bought another one that He'd had on his blog,

the Skarroser He has fitted appears at least to have a single bed up front and actually We'd not seen one before like that,
if this is the case the only double bed would need making up every night out of the seats & table!

I have a Skarroser myself and can vouch for their build and quality but not seen one in that configuration and wondered if it might be a special order of some sort,
We know the importer in Wales of these from Sweden if you especially wanted one (he deals in used units as well)
and is advertising one on ebay as 'sold' just now his name is Golum and ebay username 'Demag'

Peaky

January 20th, 2015, 10:55 pm

No worries Chris, I'm around most weekends, Sundays tend to be better for me rather than Saturdays though.I'm also around from time to time during the week depending on my workload at the time. Give me a nudge when you get back home :)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

cthodgson

January 20th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Thanks Zildjian,

That's interesting, we are used to making a bed every night so it's not too much of an issue, but it is always nice not too. At least you've heard of him, I was beginning to think it was a fake listing but there was too much detail, usually the scammers aren't that thorough!

Any thoughts on the L200?, again I've no experience of any of these new breed pickups.

I will have a look at the seller in Wales. We gravitate to Scotland a lot so the insulation on these appealed, and would love to do Scandinavia,