Ey up!

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
moosevan1

Re: Ey up!

January 21st, 2015, 9:41 pm

Hi Chris,
As a former owner of an EC6 skarosser which is almost the same as the one you have mentioned, I am sure this is a special
edition as they definitely have a bigger bed in the luton which was a luxurious king size and it was such a bonus not to have to make that up every night,especially if one wanted to stay up watching rugby on telly and the other can pull the curtain across and read :D .
As for the bikes we would put the seat cushions up on the bed and straddle the bikes across the bench seats holding them in place with bungees. This would take about 10 mins. once you got used to doing it, and it would allow access to camper while travelling, leaving enough room to perch on seat for a cuppa if necessary. It was probably worth it if you were going to stay in the same place for a few days before moving on.
Good Luck with your search,
Sue

zildjian
Site Admin

January 21st, 2015, 10:14 pm

Sue Hi, glad you popped in, I think that advert features a one off myself

and yes I would agree that there's enough space across the seats for a bike or two.

How's sunny Wales?

FinAde

January 21st, 2015, 10:28 pm

cthodgson wrote:
My first daft question - can a bike rack be fitted when there is a rear door?
Hi from Somerset,

Our Apollo came with a rear bike rack which fits across the door. It has a pole which locates on one side of the camper by the cassette door and pivots to 2 locking points either side of the main door, so you can swing it open and get in and out of the camper without removing it fully. We don't have it on the camper at the moment as we've been doing a lot of repairs.

Tischer 230
VW Amarok

rubberrat

January 21st, 2015, 10:59 pm

^ I don't suppose you bought that from a guy who was moving permanently to Greece (ran a dog rescue I think) did you? Might have had a red Navara.
I can't find my original pics from him when I was looking for my first demountable, but it had a 'swing away' type rear bike carrier, rather like those found on some 4x4's to carry the spare wheel.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

FinAde

January 22nd, 2015, 10:25 am

It's this one from Ebay. Got it from a guy near Grenwich.
If the ad's still there there might be a pic of the bike rack attached.

Tischer 230
VW Amarok

cthodgson

January 22nd, 2015, 9:09 pm

Thanks for all the info chaps, it's really appreciated.

It did occur to me about putting the bike over the back seat, you just can't always get them dry.

We are heading back up north tomorrow and once I know what our plans are I will be in touch to arrange a look at a couple of your outfits.

Really appreciate the help

Chris

moosevan1

January 22nd, 2015, 10:07 pm

Golum was advertising one not too long ago that was the same as the one in Yorkshire and described it as a special order by someone who wanted to tour Morocco. Don't know if it actually sold.

Wales at the moment is windy and wet, much the same as the rest of Britain, sadly no snow in Barry yet !

cthodgson

January 25th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Interesting solutions for the bikes. I see Apollo sell a rack on their website but at £550 it's on the upper side of "how much" for a Yorkshireman

:o

zildjian
Site Admin

January 26th, 2015, 10:56 am

cthodgson wrote:Interesting solutions for the bikes. I see Apollo sell a rack on their website but at £550 it's on the upper side of "how much" for a Yorkshireman

:o
You and me both TBH,
So the luggage rack on the roof, is that not viable, for awhile a carried a rooftop box for chairs and windbreak type accessories and that worked out OK,
I've certainly seen bikes pictured on the roof before now.
like the idea of a swing out bike rack (like a spare wheel carrier) but not at that price

derestrictor

January 26th, 2015, 9:23 pm

People put bikes on teir car roof all the time, cant a rack be bolted on camper roof the same?