Hello

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Robmac

Hello

December 1st, 2014, 4:43 pm

Hello, have been pointed here by Zildjian as I am interested in a demountable camper. I currently have a Motorhome (Compass Drifter) which has served us well, but I like the versatility of the demountable. I have a bit of a job on persuading the wife to go for this, as she already likes the van we have, so I need to make her think it was her idea in the first place.

We live in Wyboston, which is actually in Bedfordshire, but virtually part of St Neots in Cambs. We use the MH a lot, probably around 12,000 miles per year, and our favourite destination is Scotland, and each trip usually involves a trip across the Bealach-Na-Ba pass to Applecross which would be far better suited to a pick up with a demountable, especially as we use it all through the Winter as well.

I am semi retired, we have a family garden furniture business which keeps the Wolf from the door. Interests include campers (obviously), tent camping, fishing, canoeing and motor boating.

Realistically looking for a vehicle in the Spring when my mortgage finishes, but the research starts now! any advice gratefully received.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Hello

December 1st, 2014, 5:35 pm

"so I need to make her think it was her idea in the first place." classic deviationism
I could imagine you would fit right in here, sign in stranger :D

So in point of fact I would appear to be your nearest visit, we have a member in Leicester and next nearest would be Buckingham, if you travel about a little in your work we might find one en-route,
you have my email of course and when you wish just contact me and we can arrange something.

zildjian

Eurosully

December 1st, 2014, 5:40 pm

Hi Robmac and welcome

This is a great place to find all the technical info you need, so please have a look around and ask lots of questions, you'll always get a response and it will prove invaluable to you before you spend money.

There are members across the country too, so you could arrange a visit to see a demountable in the flesh and get the detail from an owner rather than a seller or salesman. If you are passing Cumbria on one of your outings, please let me know and you can take a look at my rig, and I'm sure others would make the same offer too.

Regards

Andy

TrueDink

December 1st, 2014, 9:13 pm

Hi and welcome. If your ever in the North East pop in for a cuppa and a nosey.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

Mike

December 1st, 2014, 9:53 pm

Welcolme from somerset as well. Think you have made a good choice to look at a demountable. I certainly have no regrets after moving from a MH. Also think about the pick up as well, planning in advance means good choices.
Plenty of advice on this site.
Good luck
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable

Peaky

December 1st, 2014, 10:16 pm

Hi Robmac, if you ever end up in sunny Lancashire, then your more than welcome to call in for a brew & chat.
Or maybe we'll see you at our 2015 Social gathering ? Venue to be confirmed.

Any questions, then just fire away ;)

Andy
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

December 1st, 2014, 10:20 pm

Would that be tooooo cheesy a coincidence

"Hey look honey, all these super campers we've parked up amongst, wouldn't it be a great idea us buying one"

no seriously though, we have a camper of one sort or another at all points of the compass and distance :ugeek:

Robmac

December 1st, 2014, 11:26 pm

Thanks all. I've been noseying around and I see that there is some good advice to be had here, as well as some very generous invites to come and have a look.

I have been interested in Demountables for a couple of years now, and have even considered buying one as a shell and fitting it out to my own spec, and obviously when I say my own I mean hers!

I do have a sort of demountable which I can chuck on the back of my Sprinter flatbed work van;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/40065373 ... 108&ff19=0

But it's not quite gonna cut the mustard with 'er indoors. :)

I might be able to attend the meet, I will have a think and try and come up with some venues.