Hi to the group

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
richc

Re: Hi to the group

September 30th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Martin

You referenced dreamrovers on your boards - did you go on a tour with him or just get the GPS references, it looked like it took you to some great places

Cheers

Rich

martinjdover

October 1st, 2014, 10:26 pm

Rich

In 2012 I contacted Jose from Dream Land Rover and he supplied me with routing info from the north east corner of Portugal all the way down to the Algarve - over 50% of which was off-tarmac. My "special needs" - i.e. the camper, were very well catered for. You feed the routing data into your satnav (set it to off-road mode) and the navigation is sorted. The off-tarmac route pretty much followed the Spanish Portuguese border and was brilliant - in hundreds of miles we only saw two other vehicles (one of which was a forest service Defender 130).
Prior to arriving in Portugal my head gasket went and Jose did all the translations for me and also sourced a hard-to-find part and had it shipped to Spain. He offers a great service and is well recommended!

keeflester

October 1st, 2014, 11:48 pm

martinjdover wrote:Rich

In 2012 I contacted Jose from Dream Land Rover and he supplied me with routing info from the north east corner of Portugal all the way down to the Algarve - over 50% of which was off-tarmac. My "special needs" - i.e. the camper, were very well catered for. You feed the routing data into your satnav (set it to off-road mode) and the navigation is sorted. The off-tarmac route pretty much followed the Spanish Portuguese border and was brilliant - in hundreds of miles we only saw two other vehicles (one of which was a forest service Defender 130).
Prior to arriving in Portugal my head gasket went and Jose did all the translations for me and also sourced a hard-to-find part and had it shipped to Spain. He offers a great service and is well recommended!
Intriguing. I would be very interested to see some of that route. We also like to stay off piste as much as possible. We've traveled on sections of some of the GR routes, probably ones we shouldn't have been on. we just love adventures and challenges, following long off-road sections is right up there for us, as is stealthy campering. We were blown off a mountain pass in the Pyrenees in the days when we still used a tent, that's probably why we got our first Demountable and also why we're now on our third one.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

richc

October 2nd, 2014, 6:27 pm

Thanks for the info martin,

Once I can travel again I will be very interested in that as we love portugal, if it wasn't for my health issues we would be living there

http://www.dreamlandrover.com/

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

October 14th, 2014, 9:06 am