Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
loriusgarrulus

Re: New member

September 23rd, 2023, 9:13 pm

I boarded out the bottom of the truck ready for the camper on Thursday. I found some tongue and groove planks of western red ceder in the wood store so now the back of the truck smells lovely. They have nylon tape running underneath on both sides stapled on with 6mm wood staples. It means the planks can be taken out and rolled up like bed slats if I want to remove them.
Yesterday with the help of my neighbour Tim, I removed the canopy clamps off. I had some bits of plywood down on the gravel of the side garden ready to receive the canopy. After we tried to lift the canopy we decided it was maybe a four man lift. Managed to get 2 more neighbours and taking a corner each off came the canopy. Looking on Aeroklas website later I realised the canopy weighs around 70-80 kg. :o
That being so I have decided to sell the canopy and buy a vinyl cover for the truck back.
Nice as the canopy is I can't always rely on finding extra hands to help move it on and off the truck. Shame canopies don't come with removable side winch legs like campers.
After giving the truck a scrub to remove all the grime its accumulated under the edges of the canopy and also on the cab rear screen I have not been able to get at this last 2 years, it is now looking respectable.
We are ready to collect the Nomad Camper tomorrow. :D
Growing old disgracefully

zildjian
Site Admin

September 23rd, 2023, 9:58 pm

Exciting weekend for you then!
Some people have a load liner in plastic and camper will sit in that, I've tried small sheet of ply, rubber stable mats and odd planks,
I think load liner works fine but rubber mat was probably better by adding a little cushion between both, anyway.

Canopies are useful but not essential are they, take someone on each corner to lift and take up space when not in use so reckon your on right track selling it, a tonneau cover though not as secure will keep weather out and more manageable. truck will go faster and further without that 80Kg

If you have a roof mounted aerial be sure and push it flat to roof so you don't bend it under camper overcab front bit

loriusgarrulus

September 29th, 2023, 8:12 pm

Misses the ariel. 😁
Attachments
20230929_200812.jpg
Growing old disgracefully