Olá from Portugal! Amarok with Tischer 230

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta

Olá from Portugal! Amarok with Tischer 230

May 30th, 2021, 2:25 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is João Santos, I come from Portugal and I live in Sintra.

In 2010 I have built a Cabin that I installed in an Iveco 40.10 4x4.
You can find the pictures of it here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I recently sold my Iveco.
I have a Volkswagen Amarok as a vehicle for my daily commute (and because i didnt want to continue to receive the additional costs from Iveco) I recently bought a Tischer 230 from 1999 that i will go and pick up in the end of the month.

Because of the aditional weight, and the fact that my Amarok add originally the Comfort Suspension (2+1 leaf springs) with the Aldo wheels, i have upgraded the suspension to Heavy Duty (3+2)
I have also added the VB Semi-air to the rear axle.
And New wheels have been bought to handle 1200kg each,
and new tires also.

I have a design and architecture practice studio with many tools and a 2.5m X 1.30m CNC, i will "with time" try to relieve the weight in the end of the Tischer, in order to easy the rear weight past the rear axle.

So i am preparing everything to go and get the Tischer 230, i have ordered the Fixing points from Tischer (but they are taking a lot of time, and eventually i will end up fixing some like this myself the the Amarok Chassis
Image.
I already bought these straps instead of the Turnbuckles.
They have a Tensile force LC 750 daN (750 kg) and a Belt load: LC 1500 daN (1500 kg idum.)
And because i dont know if Tischer will send me the electrical connections to the Amarok, and my amarok has the Towing socket, i will have to read a lot this forum to get the solution!

But for now this is all.

Regards from Portugal and wish you all the best.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Olá from Portugal! Amarok with Tischer 230

May 30th, 2021, 6:27 pm

Hello João welcome to group,
interesting reading your introduction and you're the second member to mention helper leaf springs this week, I shall have to read up on them further!
A few of our member's have bought Amarok and been happy with that choice of carrier, look forward to reading how you find the swap to demountable campers, I'd say half of us have moved from dedicated camper van.
Can I ask what made you look at Demount's are they popular in Portugal for example.

We know Germany, France & Holland each have significant numbers as used units come up for sale almost daily

Re: Olá from Portugal! Amarok with Tischer 230

May 30th, 2021, 6:57 pm

zildjian wrote:
May 30th, 2021, 6:27 pm
Hello João welcome to group,
interesting reading your introduction and you're the second member to mention helper leaf springs this week, I shall have to read up on them further!
A few of our member's have bought Amarok and been happy with that choice of carrier, look forward to reading how you find the swap to demountable campers, I'd say half of us have moved from dedicated camper van.
Can I ask what made you look at Demount's are they popular in Portugal for example.

We know Germany, France & Holland each have significant numbers as used units come up for sale almost daily
Hello!

About the leafsprings, and the heavyduty on a Amarok, you really need them with over 650kgs + the more than 270cms Height of the pickup Campers. And this is because when selling the Pick-up trucks (At least in Portugal) most people search for confort (the ones who spend more in each vehicle), the others who search for heavy-duty springs leafs (3+2) are the ones who either have a singlecab, ou a double-cab but with only 3 available road seats (per tax purposes they are cheaper).
I believe in a near future i will replace the original rear/front shock absorbers Tough Dog - 40 mm ) positon hand adjustable (no tools needed).
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfiPvnZFJaM[/youtube]

I look at demountable campers, because when buildinge the iveco, and using pick-up trucks for daily working, i was amased by the capabilities of the dual system truck / Camper. I was planning on building one from scratch (mold by mold) in reinforced glass-fiber (like the geocamper and alikes)
I believe then its part of what each person needs. A more offroad capable camper, or a more comfortable / hospitality suitable camper.
For me the toilet is a must and a wife requirement, and i have two boys, one with 12 another with 3, so space is needed.

Answering your question, demountable campers are not something you will find for sell online in Portugal, maybe 2-3 a year most!

Best regards