Ranger demountable - Any good.

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Blazingotter

Ranger demountable - Any good.

April 12th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Hi All,
I have been stalking this forum for a year now and am finally going to view a used 2019 Ranger demountable.
I have read the buyers guides on the forum but have a couple of quick questions.
Are Rangers worth considering - they don't seem to crop up as often as other makes in the discussions.
How long should a well maintained demountable realistically be expected to last?
Finally any idea of the weight of a Ranger?

Thanks in advance
Steve

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Ranger demountable - Any good.

April 12th, 2021, 6:56 pm

In short, they're fine as far as UK manufactured product best on offer,
don't waste your time & money on the other Lancashire manufactured campers as ownership inevitably ends in tears.

Usual sniff test for damp when you walk in as you should for viewing any camper, Simon doesn't generally make demountable campers any longer instead focusses on van conversions, not sure I've seen a camper older than about 2000 but like many of the other makes
if they are looked after and maybe spend Winter undercover they can last over a decade without repair.

Previously accident damaged units if repaired professionally might be OK but anything damaged and left exposed to elements require extensive repair and are never the same again so best avoided.

Take relevant buyers guide along with you it has a few questions to ask likely to save some money in repairs later on

Edit; don't know weight question, see if you find the manufacture plate on rear and get a picture as I'd like to know too