Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Expeatfarmer

February 5th, 2021, 6:08 pm

Hi thank you for letting me join. I found this group by looking online for an insurance company that would insure my camper properly.
I have a Chevrolet Silverado dually pick up on which we mount a Lance 1130 Truck camper. We have owned the set up for 5years and enjoyed some great holidays. My insurance is up for renewal and my broker tells me that unless I insure all my cars with the one company they wont cover my camper! Looking online I have had 6 quotes but when I ring the companies to make sure that they know what they are quoting for they tell me they don't cover demountables. One company would cover them when loaded but would not cover the camper when not on the pick up. I found Camptons mentioned on this site and await a quote from them. I will also try Adrian Flux.
Thanks for the link.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: New Member

February 5th, 2021, 7:23 pm

Welcome Jonathan, We'd love some pictures sometime of yours too!
i'm with Campton personally though for no particular reason as there's a choice now, I suppose if all fails you could insure camper on truck with one of those on forum and have camper on home insurance when not in use.

Certainly been commented on that insurers can be a bit spiky over offering cover where someone wants to use truck for both work & play
but that might not be relevant in your case