Tischer 260S underbelly measurements

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
RobDorset

Tischer 260S underbelly measurements

November 12th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Hi All. Firstly we don’t have a demountable…..yet! We are planning various modifications to our Defender 130 and then next Summer or Autumn to buy a demountable possibly a Tischer 260RS. So this post is aimed at Tischer 260S owners ie side access door not rear access. I would like to ask for help with some measurements and possibly some photo’s of the underside and base of the main cabin.

Please ignore this paragraph if you know nothing about Defenders and/or don’t want to know as we are funny old lot and can drone on for hours. We will be fitting a 110 HCPU (hi-cap) rear body onto our single cab 130 (aka chassis cab). The left-over gap between the front of the hi-cap tub and the back of the single cab will be the 17inches (431mm) difference between the length of the 110 chassis and the 130 chassis. This gap will be used very carefully i) to allow a rearwards extension of the single cab to make it slightly roomier and ii) to construct a transverse storage box with two spare wheels stored on top, with the top of the wheels finishing at the same height as the top of the cab roof. The finished truck should have a kerb weight of around 2150kg and a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg. Currently we have 2200kg rear axle with double springs and the full 4 corner air suspension is on the shopping list but that may have to wait a bit. It will be a great truck, only for 2 people, for getting away from the crowds onto tracks and trails. There are no photo’s to show yet.

The finished truck will have a useable loadspace bed length of 2010mm, with the tailboard removed. There is no rush on this so please wait until it stops raining (??) but over the next few weeks, could a Tischer 260S owner crawl around and take some measurements? My diagram is not to scale and only half the truck bed is shown (in red). I assume there are bits of steelwork for the rear legs in the vicinity of the grey shaded oval areas and these (or any other structural parts) limit how far the cabin can slide onto the truck bed. In other words, I am guessing dimension B is less than dimension A ? Could someone let me have these dimensions and whilst you are there, also dimension C plus any photo’s that might explain what is under there that reduces dimension A down to dimension B
Tischer 260S Questions.jpg
Great discussion forum by the way, with always an encouraging and friendly tone. Thank you, RobDorset