New from Portugal

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Jgkiwi

New from Portugal

September 30th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Hi
We are new to this and looking to buy a second hand rig, we Have the truck , it is a very interesting and helpful group.
We live in Central Portugal.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: New from Portugal

September 30th, 2017, 5:00 pm

And hello to you Jackie we have (I think) one other member in Portugal who moved there from UK last year though I'd have to look up his detail now,

if we can help with advice buying a camper feel free to ask, no question too silly we've all been there after all

Zildjian

martinjdover

September 30th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Welcome to the group. My wife and I did a trip through Portugal from Guarda to the Algarve, mostly off-tarmac, with our demountable in 2012. We loved it!

Martin and Jan

Alexd

October 1st, 2017, 10:59 am

Hi from us too Jgkiwi
welcome to the group what sort of truck have you bought already & do you have a camper in mind?

Jgkiwi

October 2nd, 2017, 11:57 am

martinjdover wrote:Welcome to the group. My wife and I did a trip through Portugal from Guarda to the Algarve, mostly off-tarmac, with our demountable in 2012. We loved it!

Martin and Jan
We moved here 8 years ago and love it. We like that you can do a lot of wild camping and we can go anywhere from here.

Jgkiwi

October 2nd, 2017, 12:09 pm

Alexd wrote:Hi from us too Jgkiwi
welcome to the group what sort of truck have you bought already & do you have a camper in mind?
Thank you
We had a camper van that we build our self but we lost it in the fires here in Portugal just a little time back . My husband needed some thing for work so we got a hilux 2004 2.5 truck it is old but ok for us.

When we where in Düsseldorf we liked the Tischer but we saw a Andrade on the camp site and that was just as good but I can not find one for sale any where and they now have closed down I think. It would have to be second hand, we have also thought about refurbishing one.

zildjian
Site Admin

October 2nd, 2017, 12:50 pm

Andrade are not something we hear much of lately

though they do look similar to Tischer don't they

Jgkiwi

October 2nd, 2017, 1:46 pm

I went in the one on our campsite in Germany and it was lovely very well made but I can not find one any where.

SteveG

May 24th, 2018, 1:02 am

Hi there, I’ve got a place quite near you in Portugal, just off the I8 about 8km from Ansiao that I am in the process of renovating to be able to move out there full time. I have a Canadian Bigfoot demountable on an Ford F250 4x4 pickup that I have travelled out there a few times with, at the moment I’ve taken a caravan and left it out there to live in while renovating the property and travel out using my 2011 Isuzu Rodeo Denver pickup as its a lot cheaper on the ferry and also fuel when towing a trailer & generally running around out there.
Where about’s is it you live, are you working and living full time out there. Sorry to hear you were affected by the fires my place was ok although they came quite close.
Have you found a suitable demountable yet....or still searching?
Steve G