Ay up from Derbyshire

Welcome, how can we help ?
please add your town/camper/vehicle to profile please Ta
Grump Andy

Ay up from Derbyshire

January 4th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for the great little site; secondly, I'm going to be extremely cheeky on a first post ;)

I think this may be a familiar story....I'm getting ready for early retirement (less than 7 weeks - hooray!) and we have been looking at motorhomes. Quite by accident we have fallen over demountables, and subsequently this site. Being very new to this, and knowing absolutely zero about the subject I am finding the forum extremely useful, and the idea of owning a demountable really appeals - in fact currently I cannot think of a reason to own a motorhome rather than a demountable. It is not our intention to spend extended weeks away, but take 3-5 day trips in other parts of the UK.

We have looked at many motorhomes, but are struggling to find demountables to look at near our Derbyshire Dales location - not necessarily to purchase, but just to see if one would fit our needs. So (here's the cheeky bit) is there anyone 'local' to us who owns a SKarosser (Leisure Camper), Tischer or Django 2 that we could have a look around? Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Again, great site, please keep us the good work.

Andy (Grumpy)

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Ay up from Derbyshire

January 4th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Hello Andy,
Familiar story and frequently asked question so don't worry.
Off hand I can't think of anyone Derbyshire with anything bigger than a Suntrekker might be able to show you around
But if you find yourself in Northamptonshire you are more than welcome to stop in for Coffee and view our SKarosser no problem.

Django aren't yet common, Tischer however are

Gordmac

January 5th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Welcome. I have a Scarosser I am more than happy with, you are a long way from me though welcome to come and look. Don't think you are that far from NSR or Northstar, well worth going to look what they have.

FinAde

January 5th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Welcome Andy, there’s a Tischer owner near Bolton. If you can wait until June, you might want to come along to the annual “gathering” (this year) near Whitby. Usually in excess of 20 demountables, made up of various makes, layouts etc.
Feel free to ask lots of questions. There’s is a couple of Facebook pages too.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

January 5th, 2019, 8:30 pm

A previous event and pictures

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=998&hilit=matlock

mjb666

January 6th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Hi Andy.

You have a PM.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

Grump Andy

January 6th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Hello all,

Thanks for these responses and the generous offers of viewings, it's really appreciated. I've had a 'pm' with a lovely offer to view a Tischer which is relatively near, so we're going to start there I think.

We had mentally pencilled in a visit to Whitby, with or without a unit, but hopefully with so we can spend a few days there. It's a pity I didn't find this site earlier as the meeting in Birchover a few years ago is about 5 miles from us....never mind.

I could get quite excited about all this. Again, thanks for the support, I'll let you know how we go on :)

Andy (not so grumpy now)

(p.s. is not that far away so be careful Zildjian, we might turn up :shock: )

Ogden scamper

January 17th, 2019, 8:15 pm

zildjian wrote:A previous event and pictures

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=998&hilit=matlock

Those are quite a collection of pictures there :shock: