K33F's self-build

Demountable campers for sale from all over the net
keeflester

K33F's self-build

May 15th, 2016, 8:00 pm

After much enjoyment, from the building, fine-tuning and using our Penthouse Pee Pod, it's come time for a new project. I'm ready to sell Ford Ranger Supercab, 2.5 TD, 102k miles, recently replaced gearbox and clutch, battle scarred from being a working truck, but solid and reliable. With it comes a fully fitted basic camper, with north-south queen size bed, plus a single bed/sofa. Two ring and grill, gas locker, fold up table, electric hook-up, leisure batteries, solar panel, split charge relays, zig unit, compressor fridge, and an electric flushing thetford toilet. Also my own devised Demountable legs and a parking frame for keeping it rock-steady when its de mounted. Follow my self-build thread for pictures and descriptions of the build and subsequent improvements. We took it all over Europe and wild-camped in mountains in summer and winter. The insulation is 50mm kingspan, no heater has ever been required beyond what was generated by the stove while making the morning tea. Truck is fitted with airbags, manual fill and a compressor would come with the sale. Construction is marine ply over softwood frames and the roof has been reinforced with flashband. It gets painted with breathable latex based paint every spring.

We also took it to the first ever Demountable forum meet-up in 2015. It's possible that some of the members would remember enough to endorse my description.

Now to the numbers

I'd like to get £4K for the complete package. It's not a lot, but I'd rather be fair-minded and strike a bargain where buyer and seller both end up happy.

Cheers and Kind regards, K33F
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

keeflester

Re: K33F's self-build

July 25th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Update on my old rig. It got sold, locally (50 miles) to me. Complete rig, less the Waeco fridge. Simon bought it and his kids are now expecting to go camping through the holidays. Simon also gets the idea of a work truck/holiday vehicle combo and will be delivering firewood in my old truck. I am putting the fridge into the new project so it hasn't gone to waste. So that's me officially retired now. Who knew? LOL
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold

zildjian
Site Admin

Gone eerily quiet

August 15th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Has the hammer broken again?

keeflester

Re: Gone eerily quiet

January 8th, 2017, 12:03 pm

zildjian wrote:Has the hammer broken again?
I have six hammers Zildjian. That's all I'm owning up to.
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold