Rare Rucky for sale - offers invited!

Demountable campers for sale from all over the net
Gary W

Rare Rucky for sale - offers invited!

November 19th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Back in the 8os Tischer were on a roll. The Caddycaemp was designed and built specifically to fit the VW Caddy like a glove was an exceptional little camper. It was undoubtedly the jewel in their crown and sold in vast numbers. Even here in the UK we sold shed loads of them and it was so popular it even became pretty mainstream for a while. But not everything they built was so well received and we went down a few blind alleys together...

The Rucky was one of those blind alleys. It was built by Tischer for Rucky, and although they sold a few in Germany, it wasn't a success here in the UK. 30 years later I still have my own which I think is the only one in the UK. After all this time it's still almost unused but is now looking for a good home. It needs a small amount of work to the fibreglass roof cap which received some minor damage during storage, but otherwise is in good order for it's age. It's been stored inside it's whole life until last year (not having under cover storage available anymore has prompted me to put it on the market) and is now wrapped up in Polythene sheeting to protect it. Thus the photos below are of others, but it's exactly the same and looks just as it did 30 years ago. Mine also has the optional little porch awning included.

Inside it has a double bed that converts into a sort of sofa. Well somewhere to sit anyway. It has a corner sink and a little shelf in the other corner intended to take a small camping stove. It's all quite usable and practical in it's own way, and will happily sit on a Double Cab or small car derived pick up, or a saloon car of course.

It's a private sale, in no way connected to my business so I'm open to cash offers. I don't want to give it away, but I'd sooner it went to a good home where it would get used and enjoyed than it just gradually rotted away in the garden. I don't bite so if you're interested give me a call!

SBS Adventure Campers

Mobile: +44 (0) 7595 368 422
Desk: +44 (0) 1305 305 900

Web: sbsadventurecampers.com
Web: djangocampers.eu

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Rare Rucky for sale - offers invited!

November 19th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Don't think I have an image of one of those Gary, there was something newer on the German Ebay a few months back, could we have an image from inside some time to please

derestrictor

November 19th, 2015, 2:27 pm

looks similar to those pictures of the Saab that pops up now and again although this one folds down which is neat, be good for storage I'd imagine and cant weigh that much to move about

rubberrat

November 19th, 2015, 2:45 pm

I do get that. Ideal festival camper or for blatting across France in something quick.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

November 19th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Quite like to see one of those on a caddy actually, are there any promo shots around still from then?

Muppet

December 3rd, 2015, 12:40 am

I rather like that. Think it will fit on my Smart? :D

Alexd

March 2nd, 2016, 10:32 pm

Second one is a folding design but very similar looking apart from that
they can't weigh very much surely